Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 1.2 nissan note. The yellow warning light came on. Took it to a local garage as nearest nissan garage is a 2 hour drive away. They said there is a fault with start stop system but nothing serious and keep on driving. Orange light not on all the time. Just comes up the odd time. Is there a way to reset this light as I am booked in for an mot next week and can't get to nissan dealer until the following week. Start stop system works 99.9% of the time anyway

·
Registered
995 Posts
Hi, I wouldn't waste too much time or money on this.
My stop/start rarely operates during winter and will only activate in summer on longer trips.
The system is dependent on a highly charged battery. If yours is the original battery I'd buy a new one because the AGM one's are usually about done at 5 years old.
I'm surprised your s/start operates 99% of the time!
Nissan would certainly give you a proper summary on the car, and they'll also give you a very expensive bill too.
The yellow s/start light is quite sensitive to varying conditions.
To reset the orange light you could try disconnecting the battery for five mins and then reconnecting it. Also there's a utube video on orange light resets.
Make sure you have the radio code first.. 4 digits. Good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My stop/start rarely operates during winter and will only activate in summer on longer trips.
The system is dependent on a highly charged battery. If yours is the original battery I'd buy a new one because the AGM one's are usually about done at 5 years old.
Nissan would certainly give you a proper summary on the car, and they'll also give you a very expensive bill too.
To reset the orange light you could try disconnecting the battery for five mins and then reconnecting it. Also there's a utube video on orange light resets.
That's great thanks. Will try disconnecting battery. Just need the light off to pass mot. Seems a lot of people have this fault in the car

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
As Jymmer says, disconnecting the battery usually turns off the orange light. Be aware that if there is a fault somewhere the light will come back on though, so best to get any error codes read.
I came across a couple of videos on the subject, the first one seems far fetched to me, but you never know ---
The secone one seems more likely to work, the person in the video refers to the accelerator pedal when refering to " the pedal " ---
If either work then they can be done around the corner from the mot test centre and the light should stay off long enough for the car to be tested. Good luck !

·
Registered
205 Posts
As Jymmer says, disconnecting the battery usually turns off the orange light. Be aware that if there is a fault somewhere the light will come back on though, so best to get any error codes read.
I came across a couple of videos on the subject, the first one seems far fetched to me, but you never know ---
The secone one seems more likely to work, the person in the video refers to the accelerator pedal when refering to " the pedal " ---
If either work then they can be done around the corner from the mot test centre and the light should stay off long enough for the car to be tested. Good luck !
Those photo's are for an E11. The OP says his car is a 2014 1.2 thus is an E12 which has a totally different instrument cluster.

OP, is the warning light the engine shaped one shown in the post above, if it is its an MOT fail and regardless of that it needs addressing as it won't fix itself. Its telling you there is a fault and to go to a garage.

The Stop/Start warning light from memory looks like this

Nissan Note Auto Start Stop Warning Light

Normally its a battery issue but its not an MOT fail. But its needs looking at, a faulty battery will eventually leave you stranded.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Those photo's are for an E11. The OP says his car is a 2014 1.2 thus is an E12 which has a totally different instrument cluster.
Granted, but would the reset procedure still not work for either ?
I know we can reset the same light on all variants of Ford vans that we have at work from the oldest 1998, to the newest 2021 using the same procedure of brake and clutch pedal depression for a set length of time.
It must be worth a try by the op to see if it works just to get the car through the mot.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Granted, but would the reset procedure still not work for either ?
I know we can reset the same light on all variants of Ford vans that we have at work from the oldest 1998, to the newest 2021 using the same procedure of brake and clutch pedal depression for a set length of time.
It must be worth a try by the op to see if it works just to get the car through the mot.
Ford had some strange combination of actions when we last owned one. To reset something or other (cannot remember what) you had to plug in your seat belt a certain number of times, open and close the door and then turn the ignition on and off. Thought I was being wound up but it worked. Doubt if Nissan would use the same routine.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I know some Toyota's will not reset error codes unless you open the door, remove the key, close the door, open the door put key in ignition, close the door and start the car, and that's with using an OBD scan tool to do the reset lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts