Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although my Note was bought new and registered in July 2012, is there any way of finding out when it was actually made.

In my Irish Reg document, it has the model number as 1.5 SDR. SXE. DSL. 09.

I have my suspicions it was made in 2009, as I assume the 09 in the model number, refers to this year.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I'll check later, but mine has the date on various labels, maybe the one in the drivers door jamb. The wiring harness has date labels, have a look under the bonnet for labels with dates on.
Certainly the plastic trim is date coded.
You can work it out from the VIN number too, the 10th character from the left is the model year, 1 =2001 9=2009 A=2010 B=2011 C=2012

I'll see if I can spot a label on mine if the sun rises today.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are a series of 7 letters on the VIN number, followed by another series of numbers which include the letter U.(Total characters 10). The last character of the second series is 9.

So my Note was made in 2009.

I was robbed.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
easest way to check is with a piece of plastic trim it will have a date clock molded in to it somewhere

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
The first thing #I looked at under the bonnet was the headlights, they have a big label with a part number and the date in standard 02/06/08 type notation. (no idea if it is in English or European though)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
where did you get that code refrence all the info i have for the note doesnt refrence to any date in the vin on the 9,10 or 11 figure

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, I've just checked out one of the headlight units. Produced 21/04/2010.

I doubt Nissan stockpiles chassis/bodies, so I guess my Note was made around April.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
The date should be in the VIN number, I just looked at Wikipedia, there is supposed to be a standard, that no doubt Nissan doesn't follow

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
theres no date according to all the info i have............................... mustbe a nissan thing

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Flash.

Last question for now. What is the English equivalent of the SXE model. Visia, Acenta or Tekna.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
SE, ect would be a pre facelift model and tekna ect are facelift models but there are some crossovers
svewould be atekna specand thats now the ntec + in the uk

someones updated the wiki with info on the new note,a standard 1.2 in a car the size of a note thinkthat going tobe very slugish

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_Note

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The specification in Ireland seems to be adrift of rest of Europe somehow.

I seem to have most of what's on offer on my car. Minus USB port, Alloy Wheels, and ESP. I seem to have everything else going. And, that nice little 'Puredrive' badge on the back.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
anything plastic on the car will be marked like the fuse cover by the steering wheel

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
tommybr said:
hi me again. the date on headlamp theory is wrong as well.my 2009 model has different dates on both cheers
The headlights can easily be replaced, possibly with secondhand items.

In general, thanks to our adopting the "Just too late" model (anyone working in Industry in the 1980s will know what I'm on about) the date marked on the components is very close to the date the car was completed.

Locate something original to the car, and read the date code off it.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
After the wife came back from shopping this afternoon, I stripped as many plastic parts that would pop off easy.All were made/produced between Feb & April 2010. So I guess my Note was made between April & July, 2010.
Mind you, I needed a magnifying glass to read those little date 'clocks'.

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
143 Posts
The Nissan EPC (Electronic Parts Catalogue) will decodethe VIN when entered. It reports the basic vehicle build data (vehicle code type, engine code type etc) and the production month and year. I tested this using my 2009 Note's VIN which reveals it was produced during 04/09.
However, the usual industry convention is that the VIN 10th character (model year identifier) follows a standard format. Using tht format in the case of my Note the 10th char. would be a "9", but is a "U". Not all manufacturers use the year identifier in the same way - most do, some don't. Ford definately do not, and have their own rolling/repeated code sequence using the 10th and 11th chars.I suspect Nissan may use a similar system.

I have the Nissan EPC if it helps!

The date marks on vehicle components is usually a fair guide to production date and usually reliable to within 2-3 months of the vehicles actual build date. I've proved that on several of my cars over the years. Best to use the date code from a part which won't have been disturbed and "hard to get at" such as internal trims and carpets. Parts such as lamps are easily disturbed or replaced in time (crash damage/part replacement etc) so in my experience not best choice.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alfisto said:
The Nissan EPC (Electronic Parts Catalogue) will decodethe VIN when entered. It reports the basic vehicle build data (vehicle code type, engine code type etc) and the production month and year. I tested this using my 2009 Note's VIN which reveals it was produced during 04/09.
However, the usual industry convention is that the VIN 10th character (model year identifier) follows a standard format. Using tht format in the case of my Note the 10th char. would be a "9", but is a "U". Not all manufacturers use the year identifier in the same way - most do, some don't. Ford definately do not, and have their own rolling/repeated code sequence using the 10th and 11th chars.I suspect Nissan may use a similar system.

I have the Nissan EPC if it helps!

The date marks on vehicle components is usually a fair guide to production date and usually reliable to within 2-3 months of the vehicles actual build date. I've proved that on several of my cars over the years. Best to use the date code from a part which won't have been disturbed and "hard to get at" such as internal trims and carpets. Parts such as lamps are easily disturbed or replaced in time (crash damage/part replacement etc) so in my experience not best choice.

Private message sent.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts