Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

This my first time on the forum as I have only had the car for a week. I was hoping someone could help me with a little problem.

Last night the wife filled the car up so it was full with 26 litres of petrol, problem is the car is a deisel. I only noticed when the started bouncing. I was going to access the tank via the rear seats to drain it but I can't remove the frame to get to the panel. The only bolts that are left are weird (I assume nissan only) ones.

Would anyone have any ideas how else to drain the tank?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
petrol in a diesel is bad news drain the tank and change the filter and flush the lines
the bottom of the of the back seat is just clipped in you shouldnt need to removeany boltsbolt

you just need to undo the cover plate and the undo the pump

if you cant do it,just drop the tank off the car empty it out an flush the tank with some diesel

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Speak to your local independent garage, if they are anything like mine they have the kit to fully siphon the tank and can of course pick up any remedial work that needs doing.
When I got my first Diesel I fitted a 'tell-tag' tag inside the flap which 'popped-out' when the flap was opened. I have done the same now, but in reverse, as I am now driving a petrol Note after years of drivng Diesels.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Because the car was driven it's bad news as all the fuel will be inside the Diesel pump and injectors etc. I think you'll be very lucky to get away with just draining the fuel

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Unfortunately, once they have been run on petrol, they never run properly again.

Best to clear it out and trade it in at a dealer who won't test drive it and hope he doesn't ask if it has ever had petrol put in (you must not lie
)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies,

The cover under the rear seats looks to be held in by a couple of clips and the seat runner mechanism. It's the mechanism that I can't remove. I will try draining the tank from the fuel lines. Don't fancy dropping the whole tank.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
[TUBE]b5xhPAundL4[/TUBE] Actually, this is not as bad as it seems...did any of you see the test on 5th Gear several years ago when Jon Bentley (the posh fella) actually mis-fuelled a couple of cars deliberately to see what would happen? Admittedly he did say that a modern car may sustain fuel pump damage due to higher operating speeds, but even so,,, Here's the link for the item if anyone is interested, it's only 7 mins 19 seconds long

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
[TUBE]gQghB4asSnI[/TUBE]
and while we're at it, here is the one JB did on 'premium' fuels...don't waste your money if the Note is your only car lads!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
If only we could buy it at those prices

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone i would just like to let you all know that if you have misfueled "petrol in diesel" or "diesel in petrol" it's not as bad as some whould have you think. since 2004 i have been putting all sorts of cars including nissan notes back on the road after misfueling and all it takes is emptying the tank,lines,filters of the wrong fuel and replacing it with the correct fuel and in the case of petrol engines you would have to also clean up the plugs and away they go. I have the pleasure of sorting out misfueled cars for Avis car rentals and have personaly fixed over 20 notes.. p.s the whole thing should not cost you more than £160.00 and you can now find mobile fuel drain companies like mine all over the uk.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts