Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the whole they're not so bad compared with a few male drivers I've read aboutthese days, but one lady driverin particular has recentlycausedus some grief.

My wife haddriven ourNote down to our doctor's surgerycar parkfor an appointment. Shepurposely parked it some distance away from other vehicles, just in case, and was headed towards reception. Next minute this lady managed to reverse into our car hittingthe near-side rear wheel arch. Thankfully, no panel denting had occured, from whatI could see,but the paintwork was verybadlyscuffed which no amount of polishing would resolve.

The wife was shocked andjustcouldn't believe it had happened,so the woman initiallygot a bit of a tongue lashing. They thenexchanged particulars and the woman admitted blameto our insurers; same company, Tesco Bank,as it happens.

I took the car to thelocal garage I've used for years and was quoted around £500 including VATto do it. They didn't know it was accident damage until I told them afterwards, so they had no chance to inflate their price which is, I'm told, the usual way these days. Anyway, I thought the price was somewhat high but then againI'm not aware oftoday's pricescharged.

This actuallyis the first time we've suffered damage causedbyanother motorist so I suppose we've been quite lucky over the years.

Ray

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I can (sadly) top that. My wife's old Peugeot 206 was the only car in her school's car park when another (female) member of staff managed to park 'in' her front o/s wing. The car park held about 20 cars so bags of room!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
depending on the damage anything from £150 upwards mainstealer would be around that money but get a few quotes if its a simple skim and paint job i cant see £500+ quids worth

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In closing this thread I can say that the car has been repaired last week and is looking great again. Thinking of attaching a thick armoured belt around it but, then again, that would play havoc with the fuel consumption figures, right?

Ray.

·
Registered
74 Posts
'My car will be a write-off. They won't fix that.'Seems a good enough reason to stay away from Astons - doesn't look that bad to me.
Maybe he should ship it over to Crete, where they seem to excel at making silk purses out of pig's ears as far as cars go.
Had an idiot reverse into our Picasso outside our Crete home - dinging the petrol cap and rear panel and into the rear door. - Chappie had no insurance ( typical Cretan) but paid for repairs. Garage here in UK couldn't fault the repair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts