Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks. Ive just had my MOT done at Kwikfit.. £25 and it passed. But there was an advisory... it read "Both front wishbone bushes have slight separation of rubber bush," !! (yes.. it had a comma at the end!!).

I asked the chap what would this mean if they had to be replaced/repaired next time around? He said £121 per bush - parts and labour.

My query is (as Im not into car mechanicals) does that figure sound fair for the job in hand? Also, are these the same as the bushes on the subframe which (elsewhere in this forum) are the reasons for the knocking noises going around corners? Or is that something completely different?

TIA

Tommo

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Sounds like a lot of money given that the QH replacement bushes are only about a tenner each.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
well overpriced just for bushes, a complete wishbone each side fitted would be around the £100 mark
quickfit are ok for some things anything like this i would get a local garage todo it

a quick look on euro car parts a complete wishbone £48 bushes are £13.50 ea thats standard prices without discount

Edited by: flash22

1 - 3 of 3 Posts