Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a dash cam installed, works fine, takes power from 12v socket. Has a red wire that is supposed to connect to the reverse light to trigger reverse cam/parking assist.
I’d like as much detail as possible in connecting this, I know which bulb is the reverse light but not took the assembly off to see the back/wiring side. Been looking but I can’t find a wiring diagram or anything and don’t have multimeter, does anyone know what colour wire is the correct one to tap into? (Note ntec+ Petrol 12 plate)

·
Registered
816 Posts
You wouldn't go wrong if you bought a Haines work shop manual.
Wiring diagrams and a lot more are all clearly shown.
It will be under 20 quid and could be very useful for this and many other issues in the future.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A manual for the E11 is still for sale in the "for sale" section of this forum.
I have the manual. Never saw anything about the colours of the reverse lamp wires. If someone could tell me that would be helpful.

·
Registered
2014 E12 DIG-S Manual
44 Posts
I think it is never a bad idea to buy a multimeter. A cheap one is < 20 pounds and can work in a wide range of use cases.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I just had a look through the E11 workshop manual and wiring diagram / current flow chart. I did not really have a need for this before. I cannot find any reference to wire colours. They must be taking some of their information in the workshop from Consult. Otherwise fixing anything alectrical with it would be very frustrating. I have a VAG workshop manual and current flow chart and that is like a bible.

As said before you need to measure your pin outs the hard way.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Got a dash cam installed, works fine, takes power from 12v socket. Has a red wire that is supposed to connect to the reverse light to trigger reverse cam/parking assist.
I’d like as much detail as possible in connecting this, I know which bulb is the reverse light but not took the assembly off to see the back/wiring side. Been looking but I can’t find a wiring diagram or anything and don’t have multimeter, does anyone know what colour wire is the correct one to tap into? (Note ntec+ Petrol 12 plate)
I also need the same advice as if got the exact same problem. Did you find the answer pappk96.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Make a test light out of a car bulb and two lengths of wire. Solder the wire to the bulb, turn on ignition without starting the car, put car into reverse, earth the test light to car body and touch wires to light cluster. When test lamp lights up you have found the wire you need to connect to. Easy !

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went to b n q, thanks to lockdown I have literally no money for weeks now but picked up the bulb screwdriver things, and thanks to the packaging having no information on it, I found out it was for mains testing only, 100-240V. They were out of multimeters. I like sineus idea about the bulb, however I don’t have any spare bulbs and I’d rather not start soldering to the one in the car in case I mess it up, how ever I may have some other thing with 12 v around, a small motor or something, I may try something like that, as I have a lot of breadboards/wires etc from arduino projects. When I checked, I had red/green(I think) wire, and a black wire, logic says red green is positive but I will confirm with something else first just in case

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the update. I too have no bulbs or multi meter. I will wait for your cofirmation.
Had a look I have everything except something that will accept 12v, all the robot part stuff is like 5v except the main board which can take 12v limit thanks to a regulator, but it is usb input, think I may just keep searching for confirmation on the colours for my model, tempted to bite the bullet and attach to the one that you would think is positive but I’ll turn out to have the one car with black as the positive

·
Registered
908 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
SOLVED
Borrowed money and bought mini multimeter, set voltage to upto 20dc, black lead in middle slot red on the red as the instructions said, and voila, the positive was the green/red, black was negative.

the dash cam I was using was to guard mirror dash cam, it receives power through 12v socket, and the red wire is just a trigger for reverse cam, so red wire to red/green for my Nissan note ntec 1.4 petrol 12 plate.
While doing it, not having the things that others suggested, I had the idea, why not just press the red wire to either tip, and if it’s positive, it would trigger the reverse cam and then you would know, however, I’m not sure if touching it to the negative would either do nothing, or would short something or break something, someone smarter may clarify, but I’d imagine that since this particular dash cam is not a power source, merely a trigger, it would be ok? Also my particular rear cam I discovered has lights, that only come on when you trigger the reverse, I had mounted mine inside the car, driving, you see a faint black line of the rear screen heater lines, not a bother, however, with the lights, it makes it near impossible to see clearly. So I will probably need to remount on the outside of the car, which I wanted to avoid as it means taking off tons of trim and drilling and then the lens will get dirty quick where i am. Any suggestions on reducing the glare etc would be appreciated, thanks everyone

1 - 16 of 16 Posts