Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

We've got a 57reg 1.5diesel Tekna and the ABS,ESP-off and the SLIP warning lights are on.

Our local garage found a faulty sensor on the front OS wheel, which they replaced.
They took it for a test drive and the ABS light stayed off, however, as they were parking the car back at the garage the ABS light came back on.
They plugged in their diagnostic equipment but no fault-code was showing, so we've got to take it back.

Since then I've been wondering if there's a problem with the wiring which could cause the 3 warning lights to come on.

Can anyone help please?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Check all electrical connections associated with the ABS pump control unit and the earth wires, other than that it needs to be driven for more than a mile to log a fault code if there is a faulty unit rather than bad connections.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, thanks mdvineng, would any of those problems cause the other warning lights to come on?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It can cause all three to come on especially if there is a bad earth

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
A weak battery can do it as well
All the above lights are related to the abs module, you could have another faulty abs sensor, have you had the pads and/or disc's changed lately ??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The battery shows no sign of being weak, the car starts instantaneously, and the brakes haven't been touched for about a year.

Last night we went out in the car and the ABS light stayed off during the outward journey (about 40
minutes),all warning lights were off after re-starting the car but then came on when I moved the steering wheel and stayed on for the whole trip back home. The SLIP and ESP lights were on for the whole of the outward journey, then came on with the ABS light when returning home.

I suppose there could be an intermittent earth/sensor fault on the ABS, and a separate fault/s for the other 2 lights.

Thanks very much flash22 for your suggestions.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the esp/traction control is done by the abs module as it uses the abs sensors to calculate the wheel speed of each wheel so it knows when a wheel skids, locks or looses traction then applies or releases the brake for that wheel
first job would be to clean up the brakes, check the abs rings (fronts are part of the drive shafts iirc) and clean the sensors up

abs sensors can break down under load and heat stressbut not log any faults as they can just go slightly out of specs

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Once again, thanks very much, I'll have a look on the weekend and let you know how I get on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Dadi,
I have a similar problem with my 08 Auto Petrol Tekna.

Did you manage to fix the problem?

What was it at the end?.... and how much did you end up spending?

Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello Nisaanii,

We eventually changed the 'steering angle sensor', which we bought from a car breaker with a
3 month warranty (£72). I'm not sure how much it cost to have it fitted as we had other work
done the same time, I think it was about £60.
After the work was done the fault returned intermittently for about 3 days, but it's been trouble
free since (about 6 weeks).

So hopefully it is sorted now, good luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts