Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do I wire more speakers in2 nissan head unit ??????please help got whole stereo out n the other half is going mental

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Thread moved to the correct section !!

in a word you cant add more speakers to a stereo (you will blow it up)you can change them tho

why do you want to add more speakers ??

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Need code 4 my radio now 2 was thinking of running then off the back speakers in the doors will that be ok? Dunno y she wants speakers in the parcelshelf anyway stupid init!

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just rang nissan for code they said they would ring me back having a great day so far!

·
Registered
276 Posts
As has already been said I think it's a bad idea - you definitely risk damaging the power amplifier if you connect more speakers in parallel with the existing ones.

The parcel shelf is (deliberately) made of lightweight material so you will have difficulty securing decent (and therefore heavy) speakers in place. You will also need to make them capable of being easily disconnected unless(unlike me) you never have to remove the parcel shelf to carry large items. My shelf spends much of its time either in the garage or tucked vertically behind the front seats!

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Put the speakers in parallel and you halve the impedance. Power amps are designed to work at a given impedance, halve it and you risk blowing the output stage.
Put the speakers in series and you ask the power amplifier to do more work than for which it was designed and you risk blowing the output stage.

Good luck or just tell the missus that there is nowhere safe to fix them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Can this not be achieved using an external amp to power all the speakers not just the new ones. Personally I would just beef up the front ones and mount a sub under the seat so she can feel the beat.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
leave well alone, you want to keep the soundstage up front, you don't drive in the back do you !!
your best bet is to change the front door speakers to a decent set of 2 way components, Just sound deadening the front doors makes a vast difference to the note, you could add aactive sub or amp and a sub,6x9's are just bad I could write endless threads about them

there a few of us that fade 80/20 to front, bass set to 2 and treble set to 1

If you want loud do it properly with a aftermarket stereo with 2-3 amps and a sub

edit. you could run a amp from a standard stereo usingspeaker level to rca adapter but if you care about your audio you will use a proper processor (audio control lc6i, ect) that will clean and level the signal to any amp(s) but for the same money your looking at a new aftermarket stereo (aka head unit)

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Given up got my code 4 the stereo now back in but my buttons on steering wheel ain't working now

1 - 13 of 13 Posts