Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As for me, I've never fitted winter tyres.

But did you know, Insurance companies can Void your Insurance, if you have an accident if these are fitted.

So if you fit winter tyres, tell your Insurance Company.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
While I was in Germany, it's law to have winter tyres fitted from a certain date, then when it gets warmer there's a date you have to fit your summer tyres. Again, get stopped with the wrong tyres fitted and your in for a fine, and reported to your insurance company.
They do have places where you can store your tyres over the winter/summer months if you don't have the space.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Dare i say that with the mild winters we tend to get these days it's not really that important to fit winter tyres.
That is unless you happen to live half way up the Brecon beacons etc.
Now that I've stuck my oar in we'll probably get two feet of snow in January...sods law.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
If we plan to go out first thing in the morning and it's icy, we will put going out till the roads have thawed out a bit, also let the people who go to work go first.
If it takes till 10.30 or more for the roads to clear, just stay indoors and have another cuppa :wink:.

·
Super Moderator
1,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Having a set of winter tyres(and possibly rims), laying about for the most part of the year, is a waste of money for me.

With 6 inches of snow the car copes quiet easily, even when frozen. And that's with my missus driving. So the answer is, drive like a woman and save your cash.:wink::smile_big:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts