Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just had our 11 reg 1.4 N-Tec for a week and very happy so far! Question at this stage is how to fold in the door mirrors? They're electric to adjust and had assumed they would fold in electronically too for when I park on the road, but can't find a switch for that! Is it possible they're just electric for adjustments and manual fold-in? I haven't wanted to push too hard in case I break something! Would appreciate any advice... :)

Mark

·
Registered
31 Posts
smaff85 said:
Hi all,

Just had our 11 reg 1.4 N-Tec for a week and very happy so far! Question at this stage is how to fold in the door mirrors? They're electric to adjust and had assumed they would fold in electronically too for when I park on the road, but can't find a switch for that! Is it possible they're just electric for adjustments and manual fold-in? I haven't wanted to push too hard in case I break something! Would appreciate any advice... :)

Mark

Hi Mark

I have the 1.5dci N Tec with electric mirrors and mine do not fold in only adjustable, was pretty pissd off but such is life

Keith

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Keith. So do they take a little bit of a push to fold-in or a particular angle? Am guessing they're pretty robust but would be nice not to break them a week into having the car!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the switch is beside the mirror adjuster with open close written on it i have full electric mirrors on my 59 tekna

it annoys the merc and bwm drivers when thay see them folding

·
Registered
31 Posts
flash22 said:
the switch is beside the mirror adjuster with open close written on it i have full electric mirrors on my 59 tekna

it annoys the merc and bwm drivers when thay see them folding

Hi Flash22

I have a 61 plate 1.5dci N Tec there is no switch on mine to fold mirrors, why would they remove

folding electric mirrors ? from 59 to 61

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
N-Tec models don't have folding mirrors, for that you need to move up to the Tekna. However the latest model N-Tec+ DOES have the folders...confusing huh...

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
The tekna is no longeraval, ntec+ is its replacement

·
Registered
74 Posts
Funny, our 12 plate n-tec + has folding mirrors, admittedly they are manual and a bit stiff to operate. nice to have the electically adjustable mirrors especially when you share drives.Not sure if they'reelectricallyheated like my Picasso's mirrors.

·
Registered
52 Posts
my 2011 n-tec, built jan 2011, haselectricallyadjustable manual folding mirrors. If they have not been folded before they will be stiff but a sharp knock on the back, painted side, at the point the mirror housing begins to taper off does the trick. it was exactly the same on my dad's focus and he's had that 10 years now without breaking the mirror and folding it everyday. you should not break it as its designed to fold if it hits something like a pedestrian. I have to admit on my old civic it was a one finger smooth as silk job to fold them in and it seems a bit cheap and nasty on the note, but no different from many other cars. At least the mirrors are a proper size and not just a styling over function exercise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Just to clarify: the N- tec+ mirrors do fold manually, but not electrically, which was the point of the original post.
Also, as far as I am aware, as well as being electrically adjustable, they are also heated.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 2009 Tekna auto has electric folding mirrors via a dashboard switch they are heated when you press the rear defrost switch

·
Registered
52 Posts
hi,

Power retract mirrors... I wonder if they share the loom with the non retract ones and its just a case of new switch and the folding mirrors units. I found these

http://www.wingmirrorman.co.uk/wing-mirrors/nissan/nissan-note

wonder how they compare to the nissan units. I had a look inside some honda ones when i had my old car and was impressed by the amount of 'stuff' inside them. It was a belt driven mechanism, nissan ones may be the same. bet they are painful from nissan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts