Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
weird this - the blower up to the screen is only blowing out the passenger side - not the drivers side. But the plastic bit appears to be one piece. I can't really work out from the workshop manual if there is a flap that may not be working - it looks like the flap only decides if the air is directed up to the screen or not. In which case it is working, as the air definitely blows out the passenger side properly. All the other flaps work properly; I've checked the rod is moving the yellow thing properly (visible from the passenger footwell).

any ideas?

here's the bit in highlighted in blue that I'm on about. It appears to be one piece so I can't see how one half would get air but not the other half. The manual says the entire dashboard has to be removed to investigate, or even change the blower motor.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
here's the flap that I'm not sure if it could prevent one side of the demister working if it isn't working properly (I've highlighted in red)

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
check for blockage after the flap towards the screen

·
Registered
4 Posts
One thing that commonly causes blockages that I've noticed in a couple of our Nissans is the pollen filter. It's supposed to be replaced regularly (think like, every 20,000 miles) or it clogs up, and that can stop some fan vents working.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I got the car today (it's actually my sisters) so over the next two weeks I will find out the cause and post it up here for future reference. Will check the pollen filter first ;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well it turned out the sound / anti-rattle insulation (the white padded sheet) was more than half blocking the air outlet.

Luckily the top half of the dash can come out quite easily. You remove the front A pillar covers after loosening part of the door seal, then it unclips, see pics. By the way to find the yellow thing on ebay search for iphone or ipod tools. They are plastic and don't mark other plastic (better than a screwdriver).

Here's what I could see as I started lifting the dash - the centre air outlet was mostly covered:

View from the top after I had lifted off the dash:

Edited by: coolhands

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
that looks like its been left there from when it was built at least youknow the cause of the blockage
nice to see some one get there hands dirty with there note

trim tool wise i have a set of sykes pickavant tools not the cheapest in the world but you get what you pay for imho

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Great result and how to.

regards

dave s

1 - 8 of 8 Posts