Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever forgot where that setting was in windows - God mode gives you access to all the settings in one place
1) Create a new folder on the desktop called "God Mode" (without quotes)

2) Now rename this folder to "God Mode.{ED7BA470-8E54-465E-825C-99712043E01C}" (without quotes)

The default folder icon will change to a Control Panel icon, and you can open it to view all of the settings and of course change them.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for that greattip, flash. I'musually struggling to remember where everything is on my PC, so it's a veryquick,time-saving way of doing things when the need occurs.

Ray

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Good tip. It seems to have expanded the trees of all the standard control panel icons.

On mine, all the extra stuff that has stuck itself into control panel, like NVIDIA is still only found in the control panel, but that is under settings on the start menu.

(I am still running windows in 3.1 mode though, but I'm a bit of a luddite like that. I learned 3.1 and I'm not learning anything else
)

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I started with dr dos then upgraded to windows 3 then the hight of luxury of dos 6.22 and windows 3.1 then 3.11

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Terrific find flash.
I started with CP/M and DOS 2.1 and then Windows 286, the rest is history.

I may move to Windows 8 when it works like I want it to work.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
When I got this new computer the guy in the shop recommended I have Windows 7
The Windows 8 is such a take on, they have tried to make it look like a mobile phone with a touch screen. My Grand daughter purchased a new laptop a couple of weeks ago, it had Windows 8 installed,then she had to buy Windows office, the latest one as the old Office will lock the system up, that was another £90.00.If she wants any other programme, it has to be able to work on Windows 8 or it will lock up the system.
It's a bloody rip-off

The guy in the shop who sold me my computer said "Windows has made a right cock-up with 8, and Windows will not get it right till about Windows 10"

·
Registered
276 Posts
That's exactly why I've now given up completely on Microsoft products.

Sadly it is *still* all but impossible to buy a computer without Microshaft Windoze installed, so the first thing I do when I get a new computer out of the box is re-format the disk and install Ubuntu linux. It is free (as in free speech, not free beer), totally free of unnecessary memory-hogging bloatware and has freely downloadable applications to support everything I need to do.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Hi George,I've not a clue how to do things like that or the confidence to carry that operation out. If things go wrong, I call a computer guy in. He can sort it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts