Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 66 plate Acenta Premium Plus has Sat Nav, Aircon, cruise control, DAB, auto headlight and various other clever toys. Yet it doesn’t have rear parking sensors. When we ordered the vehicle we never even thought to ask if these would be standard features as we stupidly assumed they would on a vehicle with this spec. Were Parking sensors not fitted to these vehicles or did they just forget to do so on mine ? Is there an aftermarket option available that is plug and play ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Our 2015 Acenta Premium had rear parking sensors as standard. It It had all the toys you mention but it also had Auto Climate Control.

Perhaps Nissan lowered the specification in later cars or yours is just an Acenta, these did not have Climate and pretty sure they did not have parking sensors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine does have auto climate and was one of the final production batch at Sunderland in late 2016. I bought it as a fairly heavily discounted pre reg in March 2017. Perhaps they ran out of the parking sensors ?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just looked at the photos of our car again and I need to correct myself.

The photo of the rear of our car that I looked at was just after it had been hit by a van. It had 5 evenly spaced marks across the bumper which looked like sensors, they weren't, just marks. After repair no marks (or sensors).

So your car is exactly as it should be, no sensors. They probably came with the nTec and whatever they called the top model.

·
Super Moderator
1,933 Posts
As the E12 Note was being phased out of production, the goodies became less and less as the models rolled out of the factory. The E11 suffered the same fate. Even the under seat storage box went for a burton on the E11.

·
Registered
91 Posts
FWIW, Mrs B’s 2016 Tekna DIG-S has the 360deg camera, so presumably no real need for the sensors, but there is just a single not very loud bleep when you would expect sensors to start bleeping.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Parking sensors on Notes are fitted random or per country shipped to. I admit with darkened windows at the rear and blind spots like hell you need them badly. However the standard sensors fitted only give a max warning range of 80 cms if right object behind you. On some objects it gets very less. So not the best tool. To the sides looking they seem to perform better rebouncing signal on larger objects like walls or next to you parked cars. If not fitted you can buy your own and have them fitted.

·
Super Moderator
1,933 Posts
I have reversing sensors on mine, and 3 mirrors with a tow hitch, so no need for a camera. No blacked out windows either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts