Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed these lights into their Note.
I really like the crisp bright white looking light and wondered what the best ones were?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
a lot of them on the dash and window switches are surface mount leds be careful fitting bulbs in the map lights as you may upset the ipdm and or the bcm

·
Registered
46 Posts
Flash22, are you saying basically, leave alone ? As I was looking into replacing the map and courtesy lights front and rear with red LED bulbs

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i would leave the dash and exterior lights well alone unless you can get the decent leds with a built in ballast
do the interior lights at your own risk as the light dimming is done via the bcm

The main issue is current and resistance led's have much lower specs to a standard bulb and modern electronics throw a fit if there is a big inbalance

·
Registered
103 Posts
I fitted SMD white LEDs to front anf rear internal maps and courtesy lights, also boot light. All OK, except they dont fade to off any more.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did mine with these. Look stunning also they fade nicely away.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4x-ERROR-FREE-CANBUS-8-SMD-LED-XENON-HID-WHITE-W5W-T10-501-SIDE-LIGHT-BULBS-/290617035424?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item43aa200aa0

I put three in the front and three in the back (interior)

Havent had any time to put on sidelights (front). Should I or Not

I have got osram silver 2.0 and I dont know whether they will go or not with led bulbs

(PICS FIRST TIME)

" border="" alt="
">

Edited by: tani786

·
Registered
143 Posts
With quality LED's it makes a big difference.

I used these in my front map reading lights left & right -
www.amazon.co.uk/fitting-produces-massive-sidelight-interior/dp/B007RZ2RG6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1384499036&sr=8-1&keywords=T10+%2BLED+%2BCree

Very bright, very white, and no errors. They dim similarly to filament bulbs but in a slightly stepped fashion. Well pleased, and soon also convert the single rear interior roof light. The boot light i pretty feeble and yellowish with filament bulb so will change that too (I think it's a festoon type though).

Strange though. We have two 2009 Notes in our family. My diesel had quite poor interior lighting - yellow and weak, hence the LED mod. My wife's 1.6 auto interior lights are noticeably brighter than mine were and really doesn't need the LED conversion. As far as I know the lens covers on my wife's car have never been off so assume bulbs are original.

·
Registered
7 Posts
changed interior lights to 501 led's from ebay and only 3.49 for 10 you only need 5 for the interior and I got a light for the boot as well looks great now I will post pics later

·
Registered
80 Posts
My car's interior lights are just fine except for one, to me,omission. Ahandy addition would have beena small lightilluminating the ignition key socket. The steering wheel airbag coverand
electronicbutton gadgetry obscures this socketon darknights, so have to remember toinsert the key before climbing into the car! :)

On reflectiona small pocket torch carriedon the person would be a good idea? Other suggestions please to the 'missus' as she has the same trouble.:)

Apologies to LuthersBoots for the intrusion to his thread.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
There isa surround around the edge of the barrel a little 12v led mounted in the surround will do the job wire it in to the interior lights and it will illuminate at night with the interior lights

1 - 13 of 13 Posts