Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently posted on here asking what tyres have fellow owners purchased recently asking brand, price, where purchased from and how good are they with regards to grip in wet and dry, noise level and other things with not much response....Just thought I'd post again to see if any better.
My wife has a 57 plate 1.6 Tekna Automatic currently running the Continentals all round but front will need replacing in about 4-6 months but want to get the best and most suitable tyres at the right price.
Help me in my quest brothers and sisters!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers jerry, I'm going to look at the link, how you finding them, did you have the Contis before this, which would you prefer?

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I have yoko c drives all round £85 a corner fitted(with discount, £92 otherwise) top set of tires much better than those rip off conti contacts and a lot quiter imho
i only go 6k miles out the oem conti's and thay where on there limits

·
Registered
245 Posts
I`d get the Yoko`s again, those Continentals are way too expensive IMO..I like the quietness of them and the wet grip seems to be superb.
If FLASH has them on his NOTE, then you`re pretty much safe TBH

Edited by: jerry3167

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
forgot to add the yokoc drive's have rim protectors too
i have had budgets in the past (on the corsa) and i have had yoko's, P zero Neros are nice but thay dont do them in the notes size and there over £120 a corner

its always worth shopping around our local independent tire place is a yoko main dealer and will price match (plus my uncle is good friends with the owner what always helps)

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have Bridgestone on mine. I've found Kumho too, not so good quality, either way they are expensive compared to the more common size.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
SneakyElephant said:
Those Contis are too weak in the sidewalls for my liking...you only have to look at a kerb and the buggers split open

Too damn right.

I had Contis on my old car (pre my cracking Note) and you could watch the damn things perish before your eyes. OK an exagerration but the side walls would show signs of potential MOT failure cracking and crazing well before the tread was worn.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the compound is too soft in the contis there fine for a wet track day when mine where 3/4 worn i did note the lost a lot of there braking power

·
Registered
30 Posts
Kumho is Korean, not Jap, and over here it's a favorite of the leasing companies, who will put the cheapest rubbish they can find on their cars. Either way, I can't find a tyre here for the Note for less than about 70 quid.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've just bought 2 tyres from camskills called "Forceums", never heard of them but thought I'd try them as they were £50 each. Had them fitted yesterday, feel instantly better over the continentals. After having the car lowered, every little bump and pothole felt brutal. With these, driving is much more comfortable. Seem quite quiet too

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the hexa forceum a good little budget tires iirc the fitted price was only £12 or so cheaper so i went for the yokos instead
i had a hexa on the back of mine when i had a nail in the back it seemed ok for the money (got it in the shed as a spare as it was nearly new when i had a set of 4 yokos fitted lol

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ive just replaced my worn out Contis with Yoko C-drives via BC. I did post all about the 0% credit offer, when, how, how much , etc. But having spent the effort trying to share, the post has dissapeared or been moved.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I havent seen such a post unless dan deleted it what i dont think he would of, just checked your posts tommo last postapart from this thread is in the "twanging noise" threadEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
103 Posts
It was in the Black Circles discount thread... and as the BC discount was no longer valid, I posted my findings on the Yoko credit deal via BC. I think Dan must have got rid of that thread as he finalised a deal with Tyretraders.

Edited by: Tommo56

1 - 20 of 31 Posts