Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks just seen greyriders Tekna with those gorgeous alloys looking all shiny and nice.Mine look similar on my Tekna when its had a scrub but within not a lot of time the fronts are covered in brake dust.

Anyone got any suggestions? I've seen the EBC ones with good reviews some of which create less brake dust and are said to be very good brake pads as well.

Please share your experiences brothers & sisters.

77 sleeps until Christmas!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Superb idea SneakyElephant, are you out and about on foot in the Midlands over the next few days?
Just in case.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
There is some magic fluid that you waft near the wheels, and they get covered with nano particles that stop the dust sticking.

However, I can't remember what it is called

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
My local garage only uses Pagid discs and pads on all vehicles.

I have also found,after many vehicles with alloys, that a good wash of the wheels followed by a liberal application of Mer polish keeps them looking 'sparkly'.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Brembo aren't cheap, but only a few quid more than EBC. Personally, I've always used Girling or Mintex(Expensive).

I bought some Powertrain pads a few years ago, they tore grooves in my lovely vented discs. Real crap.

There are pads & disc kits on fleabuy, for £42. Or original Nissan pads for around £27.

Isn't there something that you can treat alloys, to stop the pad grunge from clinging on.(Seen it somewhere). Or you could just wash the bleeders more often.

I don't think Sneaky E will notice a small bump from a Note, but you will.

EDIT: Mer, for the Alloys

Edited by: Boysie

·
Registered
11 Posts
on my old Note needed to replace the front pads, rang around all sorts of prices from cheap £ 80 for some unknown make, to £140 (ball park figure only) from a fast fit well known national co, then rang my local Nissan Garage Nissan Genuine pads fitted £ 98 that was it so check out the Nissan agency first.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Nissan (originals) are only cheap trw pads IMO not even in the same league as ebc, brembo or mintex

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think I will go for the EBC green stuff, never tried them before so worth a bash.I know of a technician who works for Jaguar and he had great pleasure in telling me that the pads my brother in law has fitted to his Jaguar are the same as fitted to a Ford Mondeo but my brother in law thinks he is getting Jaguar parts as he has his services done at Jag main dealers.
I think I'm going to select which pads and every other part I have fitted to my Note instead of trusting to dealers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts