Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brake discs and pads are in need of changing on wife's 1.4 Note. So far looking at mintex or pagid discs and pads, prices are about the same.
Anyone have an opinion on these or other brands, which will be the better choice from experience? Cost of Nissan originals would be welcome if anyone has fitted these.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
My local garage uses Pagid exclusively but others speak highly of Mintex. That was no help at all really was it?

I used Pagid on my old vehicles with excellent wear results but haven't had to do the brakes on the Note yet.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I've used PAGID in the past with no problems, and my local garage uses them too.
If you're looking to save the pennies then Euro Car Parts also have 'Eicher' discs and pads which (for the Note 1.6) are each about 7 quid cheaper than Pagid, though I've never used them.

It's worth mentioning that there's also currently 20% off all "MOT parts" at eurocarparts.com.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both. Carparts4less have eicher discs and pads too (think this is sister site to euro parts) some conflicting feedback via google for these so I never mentioned them. However if anyone has used with no problems, please let me know as always looking to save a few bob.Edited by: WoNkY

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply, I ordered Mintex discs and pads which arrived yesterday. Wedding this weekend means fitting will have to wait for a few days.
Edited by: WoNkY

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update..fitted Mintex discs and pads ten days ago,now bedded in with no squeaks or squeals present. Thanks to all who posted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts