Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I have a 2008 Nissan Note. I did my front brakes without any issues and I wanted to adjust the brake shoes so that I could get the parking break not be pressed too much to the bottom. I opened up the drum but I am unable to find the adjuster in this as all I can see is a shaft/ plate that sits between the shoes (compared to an adjuster screw in every other vehicle I've seen before). I have done shoe adjustments on other vehicles many a times therefore not the first time attempting a drum brake adjustments. Shoes seem to have at least half of it's lifetime left. Could it be possible that some Notes come with a manually non-adjustable mechanism, or am I totally overseeing something?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
The adjuster is supposed to be automatic, and is inside the drum,
One of our members made a youtube video

If the mechanism seizes,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The adjuster is supposed to be automatic, and is inside the drum,
One of our members made a youtube video

If the mechanism seizes,

Thanks for the reply and info information. I have seen both the videos and I can clearly see the adjuster screw in them. I should have taken a photo of what I have, but in mine what I see is an unadjustable metal plate like thing that sits between the shoes, instead of the screw type adjuster, which seems like there's nothing to adjust. Once again, I have adjusted a Nissan Micra, an Xtrail and a Tiida before which had a similar pin adjuster as shown in videos. Unfortunately the Note I have is not the case...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts