Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
How much did it cost you to code them to the ecu?
Also, how did you make sure your pump was Ok?

Does anyone know what rail pressure it should be kicking out while cranking?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Regarding the cylinder with low compression, it would be an idea to measure the valve clearances when cold, if the clearances have closed up significantly it will cause compression loss. I had an Isuzu engine that was a bad starter on very cold days but ran perfectly all day long when warm, it was on frosty days only it refused to start, dealer was useless even when I suggested they check the cams (company car) they returned it with no fault found. The next weekend contrary to company rules I checked the cam clearances and 2 cylinders were at zero or negative clearances, the engine used a bucket shim system with slip in, slip out shims, I was able to swap around some shims and achieve clearances all round and the problem disappeared. It was the shrinkage of the alloy head that made the clearances worse on very cold days, on warmer days the head expanded enough to provide cam clearance.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the specs are in the esm section EC-1600 onwards

sorry I haven't got access to itat the mo

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
you will need to stop the injectors leaking before you can get a true hi pressure rail reading though

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anybody know where the fuel pressure port is on the note? I can see two ports for the ac but can't seem to find a port on the fuel lines? Would I have to install my own? I'm not trying to turn it into too fast too furuis by the way. I have a starting issue, fault code p0089 and need to diagnose the fuel system.
Hi did you manage to sort this problem I ask because I now have the same problem

81 - 85 of 85 Posts