Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys ""˜n' Gals,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Today's Note questions.
I know that I am not like normal people in the fact that I prefer a steel wheel/wheel trim combo to alloy wheels- the reasons for this are many and varied but include once damaged alloys wheels look rubbish, alloy wheels are prone to buckling and rusting and I have also read that they become porous over time causing slow tyre pressure leaks.
If I purchased a Note with 16""� alloy wheels and changed these for 15""�steel wheels
with relevant tyres what would be the answers to the following questions?:-
A) I am assuming that because the overall diameter of the tyre/wheel is the same it would have no adverse effect on the milometer readings. True or false.
B) Have you any ideas if this ""retro modification""� would lower/ increase/ or remain the same re insurance premiums?
C) Would the smaller wheel of 15""� rather than 16""� have any effect on the ESP system if fitted?
As usual thanks it advance to anyone who can voice opinions on above.
Spartacus1961
PS the reason for not just changing 16""� alloys for 16""� steel is to get the softer ride on the 15""� wheels/tyre combo!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
A) if you choose the correct tyre/rim = true
b) You must tell the insurer, it likely makes no difference, or it will go up.
C) wouldn't have thought so, if the overall diameter and tread width are the same, it has to cope with new tyres and virtually bald ones, and even allows fitting of the dreaded spacesaver, which is completely the wrong size.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Aye up Spartacus

Did you get sorted wi' steel wheels ? As I aint a fan of alloys either, prefer steel with a stylish trim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts