Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, following the loss of a locking wheelnut after ATS replaced the tyres!! I need to replace the full set of locking wheel nuts. Nissan are quoting over £40.00.
There are some high quality cheaper alternatives that I'm interested in.
However there is disagreement about the correct wheel nut size and so far I haven't found the definitive answer.
Does anyone know what size Nissan Note wheel nuts are?
The car is 08 with standard alloys.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
They are, IIRC,M12 diameter but the Hex head differs depending on the type of wheel, as to length pop down to Halfords or your local car accessories place, pop one out and get some to match. It's what I had to do with my old Seat as I had three different sizes quoted.

Actually if they are McGard bolts then £40 is about the right price for a set of 4.
Edited by: Nigel B

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can get the McGard for £27.00 off Amazon. I know the Hex size is 19mm and they are M12.
The crucial missing measurement is the thread pitch. Some say 1.5mm others 1.25mm.
I've been told the McGard website is wrong too!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc 1.5mm m12 that uses a 19mm socket
Edited by: flash22

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
sorry that was a typo, i ment 19mm

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's great - I thought it was 1.5mm pitch but other people have said that all Nissan wheel nuts are 1.25mm???

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the locking bolts i have here are defo 1.5mm pitch - a lot of places cross reference the note partswith the micra what ok for some parts but not in this case

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
just had a look at the mcgard 2013 pdf ones listed for the note are

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its measured across flats so its only 1mm off each side, its the bolt seat that takes most of the strain anyway the hex is just a method to remove them another thing manufacutres like to do is use 2 types of bolt one for steel and another for alloys

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ATS replaced the missing nut with a new set but they came with a 17mm hex size. Now we have to carry 2 wrenches to remove a tyre. I really want to replace the locking wheel nuts with the correct 19mm size.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just checked the McGard 2013 PDF. It says 27207 which makes a lot of sense: M12 x 1.5mm 19mm Hex.
Unless I'm contradicted I'll go for that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
same here , mechanic stripped the socket with an air gun but he said he never
went to Nissan £21 for the socket luckily i had the card with the number on
so they ordered me one .
when i have my service now i always tell them not to use the gun

1 - 14 of 14 Posts