Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's been loads of views on tyres and tyre wear on the threads.

Would the wheel diameter and tyre profile have a part to play in this. I'm no tyre technician by any means, so has anyone got any thoughts on this.

Consider the car has near perfect wheel alignment.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I think a lot of it is down to compund although16" is an odd size.

I still don't understand why the Contis wear out so quickly as, on my old Seats, the Sport Contacts were renowned for their longievity (at least 30,000) and why they were so popular with the 'cabbies'.

Low profile tyres may be aesthetically pleasing but there is a compromise on ride quality. I would rather a 15" wheel with 'proper rubber' and a much wider choice of suppliers.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ive been told its down to the way you drive too. If like me you drive like a car should be driven then they will wear more on the outside edges , however if you are sedate and of the 50mph everywhere brigade then they dont wear atall.Best thing to do in my opinion is either swap to the larger 17" rims or go back to the original 15" rims, as 16" is plain silly
mike
PS or like me search ebay for cheap ones and get lucky like i did last month with a set of four alloys and nearly new tyres for only £250 delivered to me here from up north!!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
17" are 45 profile so it will effect ride quality i dont drive fast and corner fast as my shoulders wont let me steer quickly (but i do have the odd moment of madness)
talking to the manager of the tyre place the oem tires are really soft, put nearly 1k miles on the yokos now and there nowhere near the wear of the contis on them with the same sort of mileage and these actually stop in the wet unlike the conti's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts