Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,<div id="isChromeWebToolbarDiv" style="display:none">

Just wondering if any of you have had wheel bearing problems on your Note.

Mine is the 1.5 SVE DCI on an 07 plate. I had a low rumbling sound coming from the N/S rear wheel last month, and I suspected it to be a bearing going....sure enough, a visit to the garage confirmed this....

However, now I have a "hard to explain" grinding sensationtransferringthrough the steering wheel at speeds of 60mph and over (although no noise), and the car feels like I am driving into a head-wind all the time.....So I am suspecting this may be the front bearings.

The mileage is on 68000 miles, and this seems a little low to be experiencing problems with the bearings.

Anyone else got ideas, or have had this problem before?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
the front bearings are a similar design to the rears, just larger, jack up the fronts and rotate by hand to feel the roughness or not also check for play. The non adjustable bearings used today don't have a long service life, certainly not for the life of the car anyway. I don't think there to difficult to replace.

regards

dave s

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've replaced front bearings few days ago, and i end up buying the same bearings used on Dacia Logan with ABS. Works Perfect. And very important: much cheaper!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts