Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5yr old 30,000 mls service needed, what can I expect from the garages itemised service list?

·
Registered
695 Posts
The vehicle handbook will have the full list of requirements.
I would ask your chosen garage to do a FULL service...to include oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, & pollen filter.
Also new coolant, brake fluid, etc.
Also comprehensive checks on brake discs and pads etc.
Get it all done unless you have records of previous work.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
5yr old 30,000 mls service needed, what can I expect from the garages itemised service list?

It's five years old so don't go anywhere near a Nissan main stealer.

Find a good independent garage and pay around half the Nissan price.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks jymmer and NigelB, I never go to main dealer 4 service got decent one local,I thought a main service about due but wondered about plugs and more importantly the cam belt, I know mileage a bit low but years ago they used to go brittle and disintegrate with heat and age, are they made of better stuff these days,do you know the timescale for replacement? kayser

·
Registered
695 Posts
If it's a 5 year old petrol model mate, then you'll have a chain driven cam.... Not a belt.
Your spark plugs should be good for 60,000 miles, but changing them at 5 years is a good idea I'd say.
They'll need to look at the auxillary belt, and change that if there's any sign of wear.
Some owners confuse timing belts with auxillary...you should have a cam timing chain plus an alternator driving fabric rubber belt on yours (assumimg it's an E12 car).

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Just to clarify

Petrol models = cam chain and will, with regular oil changes last the life of the engine
Diesel models = cam belt. Nissan recommended change interval 5 years or 90,000 so if you have a Diesel it's due a change.

·
Registered
102 Posts
5yr old 30,000 mls service needed,
It a 5 year old car thus it 2015 registered. That means its a E12 and yet again a poster has failed to start the thread for the correct model.

Not only that but the fail to say what the spec is.

Petrol
Diesel
Manual
Auto
and in the case of the E12 petrol is it normally aspirated or supercharged.

A bit of info and a thread in the right place will always help get a correct reply.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts