Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I am looking to get some good protection for the bodywork and alloys, lots of suggestions like mer, meguirs, auto glym. etc.

Any suggestions please, was looking at meguirs polish and liquid wax has anyone treid them.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
As above Craig is the guy to ask. Personally I prefer Auto Glym over Meguirs (I've used both). Got some Dodo Juice wax to try when the weather picks up too :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I started using Mer in Germany many years ago and have yet to find one that comes even close. I think you can get it in Halfords. It is so easy to apply and take off. You can apply to the whole car and it will still be easy to buff off, including plastics.

·
Registered
6 Posts
poor boys black hole sealer is supposedly a great thing for dark coloured cars. gets rid of swirl marks etc. about £10-15 at your local motor factors or ebay.

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
What happened to the old ColorMagic liquid body wax? I used to use it on my VW Kombi and it always looked showroom fresh...wonderful stuff for filling scratches and restoring dull paintwork.I started using it after seeing a demo on the shopping channel where the guy actually FRIED AN EGG on a body panel that had been treated with ColorMagic...he wiped it down afterwards and there wasn't a mark on it! He didn't eat the egg though...the coward.
Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Registered
152 Posts
ive always used greased lightning and its really good but i also give it a wet wash every 6 months to clean underneath and get the muck out of the places the waterless wash doesnt get to.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Just realised I posted about the DodoJuice that I got earlier in the thread but not updated you.

Well, it was only a sample but enough to do the car twice I would say and wow - great product. Easy to apply and rub off, great shine and great beading. Smells nice too.

Negatives are - the wasps seem to like the smell! and I've looked up the price of a normal size tub!http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/wax/dodo-juice/dodo-juice-blue-velvet/prod_404.html

1 - 11 of 11 Posts