Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put a comment on another thread which got 0% feedback.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Not being a defeatist I thought I would give it another shot to run my idea up the flag pole and see if anyone salutes it!
The idea is this- most of us Note owners have had experiences both good and bad from main dealers and others garages with reference to purchase and servicing of our cars.
Surely it makes sense to spend our hard earned shekels with the ""good guys""� rather than the also rans? And rewarding good service with our patronage.
Would it be worthwhile having a separate menu heading for Good/Bad garages where we could put our personal feedback and help out fellow Note owners.
What does everyone think?All the best Spartacus1961

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
i remember this, The problem is its a public forum, name and shame threads can cause conflict and it can also lead to legal action being taken against the owner(s) of the site
i have been a mod on other sites where has happend (non car forums)

·
Super Moderator
2,014 Posts
In general, it's a good idea but I agree with flash.

I've had very good experiences with various garages over the years, but others I knew thought I was crazy.
They had some 'not up to standard' work done by the same garage(but not elaborated on).....and vice versa.

If any particular garage is that bad all the time, I don't think they'd stay in buisiness for very long.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
I think there is some scope for a "I had great service from" with a clear proviso that the mods will delete any posts which 'name and shame'. It's what we did on a photographic equipment forum that I moderate and it is nice to give credit where it is due.

By inference, those who get no plaudits don't get the business.

The issue though is that it does take moderation time.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guys<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Thank for the replies, I do see your points about the legal aspects of bad reviews, but surely a good garage heading would help us all.
I refer my learned friends to the ""exposé""� on last nights watchdog 24/10/12 with the mobile car mechanic- a classic and well worth viewing on iplayer or your catch up service.
Sneaky was the guy a wayward member of your herd a sort of ""black sheep""� of the elephant family?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Sneaky ""“it might have been the same one that threw out William Shakespeare!<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Shindig said:
Why reinvent the wheel?!

<a href="http://good-garage-guide.honestjohn.co.uk/%20%20" target="_blank">http://good-garage-guide.honestjohn.co.uk/
</a>
<div id="container">

<h1>Sorry, this page could not be found</h1>

It may have moved, or the link that you followed may have been incorrect.

Please try one of the following:

1. Find it via the home page.

2. < ="/search/">
    Search for it with 1-2 keywords
    < name="q" id="q" ="text">

3. Email us with details of what you're looking for and we'll do our best to help.

quick, somebody invent a wheel

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
I am actually tempted by this as it should help users in the long run.

What if we restricted new posts to those who have reached a certain group status - that way they are more 'trusted' and less likely to just sign up to sl*g a dealer off?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Why not just have a sort of 'at a glance' review page with the name and location of the dealer and marks out of 10 for:
1. Finding and fixing faults
2. Carrying out work quickly and at reasonable cost
3. Courtesy
4. Being 'straight' (not ripping off the customer)
5. Providing COFFEE and BISCUITS (sluurrppp)

As for the so-called 'mobile mechanic' on Watchdog the other day, he was even fatter than ME! When he heaved his lumpy carcase into his car and drove off, did you see the sag in those wheelarches on the drivers side? What a horrible, unwashed, ignorant, sexist, useless pile of crap he was, preying on women to support his disgusting cake habit,,,

Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
That guy was fatter than you with me as a piggy-back.

I would love to have seen him fixing a Smart car.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dan,<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Thank you for the vote of confidence. I know Honest John has a good garage section, but last time I checked I think there was only approx. three garages listed! with no actual details about why recommended ect.
As sneaky said we discerning Note owners need a more in depth and probing (ooh err missus) details about the garages/mechanics.
Reverse sexist comment for the watchdog mobile mechanic ""you don't get many of those to the 100cwt""�

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As Gilbert & Sullivan once said ""a policeman's lot is not a happy one""�<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hmm, no ideas why the link doesn't work, but there's loads on there now; certainly more than 5.

Failing that, try this link instead

1 - 20 of 22 Posts