Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Note has been my best car ever. I have had it for the last 6 years and it is registered 60. Its only fault is that the interior takes in water in wet weather. The wet collects behind the front passenger seat and in the well where the spare wheel resides. It sloshes about. The garage doesn't know where it comes in. The knock on effect is hat the electrics get messed up. I frequently get tooted at for not signalling when I have but this is intermittent. The phone, which used to display lists now only takes incoming calls.

·
Super Moderator
1,934 Posts
Badly fitting/damaged rear door seal. High brake light seal/gasket. Aerial seal/gasket.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had this last winter, Had to throw my boot liner away as it was mouldy.
Where the rear bumper attaches to the car on the left and right there is a rubber washer that sits on the outside of the plastic clip which over time looses its form and becomes flat. You can remove the full bumper and replace or you can do what I did.
Remove all of the plastics from the boot area so you can access the posistion of the plastic clip on the left and right side. Cover them with clear all weather sealant. Then were the bumper meets the body just back of the rear wheel arch, mask and fill, again with clear all weather sealent. As long as you do a neat masking up job you will not see any difference. The water will now go directly down the outside of the bumper rather than behind, past the broken rubber seal.
Hope this helps

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, Chizzle3110 and Boysie. I took the car to a body shop that was prepared to look and showed Boysie's comments on broken seals. They said that made a lot of sense. This is the third day of me being car less as they have stripped the whole thing down, lots of seized bolts, no surprise and found the problem. Not as expensive as I had feared. I just hope that the electrics dry out now. I'm being reunited this afternoon. Mt dogs will be thrilled. They were about to write stiffly worded letters to the RSPCA about the lack of walks. I have a rotten ankle and I have to drive to places and then do a lot of ball hurling and, of course, this hasn't happened.

·
Super Moderator
1,934 Posts
Let us know where the water was coming in, then other members can look at their own cars if the that same, or similar problems occur.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The back offside light. Depending on whether the car was on an incline or not, the water would collect and then channel down behind the front passenger seat or into the well of the spare wheel. I hope this helps. Incidentally, I am still having issues with the electrics, the car won't lock from the fob, etc. This has happened before though and now that no more water is coming in, it should dry out and sort itself. There is no problem with the fob. I had it checked. I hope this helps/ makes sense.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts