Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone technically minded help me. I was driving to uni the other day, and after trying to accelerate away from lights, nothing happened, i accelerated really slowly, almost as if the turbo was not generating any pressure. And in fact, i know that the turbo was not generating pressure, as the boostgaugewas reading 0, and at most 2 psi. So I pulled over, and turned off/turned on the engine. carried on, that didnt fix it. so pulled over again thinking that it could be the rod controlling the vanes. tapped it a bit to see if it was stuck, and nothing happened, so got back in, and itmiraculousley fixed itself. So my question is, does anyone have any idea what it could have been, and is there anything that i can check on the engine, as i said i think it was the turbo, as the boost gauge was reading 0-2 psi :S

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
if the ecu found something wrong it may of put the car into limp home mode what would reduce power

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
right ok, so anything i can check myself?? or will i need one of those plug in things??

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
A plug in thing is only about £25 from eBay, and if there was a problem there will be a stored code that you can find out. Then you can use the reader over and over again in the future.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fair enough, or does anyone near coventry have one? :p, bit skin at the moment xD

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey, update. Have bought a reader and plugged it in. It said no fault codes were found :/ hasn't happened since but still a bit worrying

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
think it does, but I haven't fed it, as wasn't sure what it ate. Was thinking cat food. But might not be right

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
give the car a good hard run down the motorway, dpf are murder on these diesels

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I read that the 56 model doesn't have a dpf. It was only put on 2008+?

I have a 56 plate by the wayEdited by: Aidsy1

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Could have been some cr*p in the Mass Air Flow sensor (if this does not see a clean air supply you get 'limp' mode) which has been dislodged. If no fault codes are showing I would worry not.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok :), the mass air flow sensor is near the air filter, correct? If so is there a way of cleaning it. I don't want it to happen again, was scary when I put my foot down, and nothing happened

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
It should be self cleaning. Every time you switch on the ignition mega volts
should surge through the wire and burn off any crap t may have missed a bit.
You can VERY CAREFULLY clean the mesh over the sensor wires with distilled white vinegar but if there are no fault codes I would honestly not touch it.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
IIRC it was standard on MY2009 (so late 2008) onwards.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
looks like i jinxed it. not only that, but this time the red engine warning light came on (k9k) and i lost all boost pressure. engine light turned off after about 10 seconds, and no ecu codes have been stored :/

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
it will drop the boost if the engine thinks is in trouble as the k9k runs 19psi boost it could well be a leak in the vac hoses
didnt you fit a boost gauge, did you put a reducer inline or did the tee piece have a reducer fitted ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update

Had the problem again a while ago (forgot to post) and it came up with an error code this time. Cant remember exactly what the code was, but it was something to do with the boost control solenoid.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts