Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody explain to me why this weird horn sound coming from the rear left. Sometimes it stops but last week I drove like 6-8 kms and it stoped. it is really annoying already and I cannot find where the horn sound comes from. I tried to find a video on youtube but no success. I hope somebody found the solution already. Thanks

·
Registered
651 Posts
Do you have a towbar fitted ?
A long shot but it could be the warning beeper that goes off when you indicate with a trailer attached.

·
Registered
651 Posts
The box that makes the noise could have an intermittent fault and need attention.You will have to poke around behind the pannel in the boot and find the small beeper box.
It happened to a friend of mine, he had no trailer so he disconnected the live feed to the box and taped it up, the sound stopped.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Sineu is likely right, but first take the trailer socket apart, likely the back of it is full of salty water and causing the issue with the warning sounder.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I have found the box behind the panel., but before I have removed that I pulled the cable a bit and the beeping stopped right away. No more beeping. I will disconnect the black and red wires if it does again. Thanks for the help guys

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
That is an incredibly expensive LED compatible module.The red & black go to the external beeper (BP+ and BP-)
Designed to monitor lamp currents down to 40mA.
It makes me think even more that water ingress at the socket or cable is going to be your real problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I cannot even check that because it is raining without stop. Eventually I had to disconnect the red and black cables due to beeping again. So when it stops raining I will see how that socket looks. But thanks anyway, good to hear and feel that people helping each other :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yes, it is corroded but it is not the real problem. I have cleaned them, place them back, sound is on again. I have to dig deeper :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts