Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have just noticed water in the boot only on left side of boot as you look in car. The well where the spare boot is had about 4" of water and the carpet bit was soaking. Haven't cleaned the inside of the car since Christmas so has had a while to fill up with the rain we've had. Has anyone any suggestions. One thing, the boot door again on the left side squeeks when being opened. We have just been putting WD40 on it but could that be where the problem is coming from.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
use the forum search as this has been covered many times

in short high level brake light seal, the clips that hold the reflector part of the rear light on the roof or its the boot seal

as for wd40 its a good degreaser but dry's things out, ideally you need a white grease, silicone grease or lithium grease on the hinge, if you only want a small tube a bicycle shop or bicycle part of a bigger shop do it

btw. welcome to the forum

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
Forget WD-40. The WD stands for water dispersant, it isn't a lubricant.

Any local bike shop will sell you a small tube of white silicon grease or even better PTFE spray (used on bile chains) which is a great lubricant.

Best bet for your water leak is either the high level brake light gasket or a leak around the mounting clips of the rear lights. See the 'How To' section for fixes for both.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys.
Greetings from Crete - Greece.
In my case water was leaking from BOTH the high level brake light gasket (only a few drops when heavy rain) AND around the bottom mounting clip of the rear left light (huge amount of drops even in light rain!).

1. I removed the high level brake light and changed the gasket with a professional sealant--> stopped leaking.
2. I removed the left plastic frame of the boot (a bit tricky job) to get access to the bottom mounting clip of the rear left light, and applied again this professional
sealant around this mounting clip (see photo)--> stopped leaking too.

Problem solved!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts