Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a problem with the water in diesel light which comes on too often at the moment. My method of stopping it at the moment is to stop the car and switch off and restart. I have changed the fuel filter and as there are no electrical connections going to the filter I need to know where to look next under the bonnet. I have only had the car about three months and will be changing the boost control solenoid which is causing problems, when it arrives.
many thanks, Alan. The year is 2010.
I have a similar problem with a 2013 Ntec diesel. Red management light came on. Manual clearly indicated water in fuel. My wife had just filled up. Drained fuel filter bowl, no water, light stayed on. Then, orange light came on. Obd suggested DPF problem. No DPF light on dash, but I suspect that Nissan were too unprofessional to bother with updating dash or even correcting the manual. I raised the issue with Nissan UK who simply referred me to a main dealer.
It would seem that because I did not take the car for a regenerating run when the red light came on, the DPF is now clogged, possibly beyond repair.
There have also been issues with airbag recall, Nissan maintaining that the 2018 recall was for the driver's side which they say was replaced by the main dealer. The EU data clearly says passenger side!
Has anyone else had similar problems?
No more Nissan's for me.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
When i owned a Note diesel i had the red light of doom once. I was close to empty on fuel and came across a garage called apple something or other, i pulled in and filled up. Next day the red light came on, to cut a long story short it turned out that the garage diesel tank was contaminated with water. I ran most of it out and topped back up with a "brand" name and all was well after that.
Regarding the air bag recall - I had the drivers side done at a dealer in 2018, then last year i got another recall for the passenger side airbag, again done at the dealer. Ring the dealer and tell them you have proof from the EU data site that the passenger side needs doing and ask them to sort it out. You can check by your car's VIN number what recalls have been done / need doing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now into September and have done quite a bit of running around and I would say it is success with the light problem.
Many thanks for all the replies, advice and suggestions.
Alan Maines.
Hi I have just started getting the same warning on my Nissan note - it’s a 2010 model too - can I just ask having the stuff done that you’ve suggested - is that an expensive job 😊

21 - 23 of 23 Posts