Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had it for three days now - wasn't sure that I'd made the right decision at first ( think I was pining for my Volvo), but now I'm much happier. It's a 1.4 N-TEC+ in Haptic Blue with mudflaps - it looks very smart. I would post a photo if I new how.
Just like to say I've enjoyed reading this forum while I've been waiting for delivery of my new car.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Glad you like it, lots of very helpful peeps on here and very funny ones too!

regards

dave s

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
its a lot of money to gamble buying a new car i had many restless nights and spent 6 months looking at cars
In the end it was a choice of 3 the note, golf Plus and the honda jazz

btw welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
WELCOME to our happy band Morellf! You will find your fellow members to be friendly and helpful in the extreme. Personally,I wouldn't have a modern VW. Ok they are very well screwed together, but it's the quality of the components themselves that worries me. Golfs in particular are perceived to be virtually bulletproof...NOT SO! When VW stopped using aircooled engines they lost that reputation in my opinion. My eldest son has a VW Polo G40 (the supercharged 1.4 'pocket rocket') and he spends most weekends tearing the damn thing down in order to get another week out of it. On the other hand, I had a 1974 VW Kombi 1.7 twin carb campervan which racked up in excess of a quarter million miles before the rust killed it about 7 years ago.. They sure don't make em like that now! Give me a Japanese car any day.

Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
the golf plus would of been £25k spec'd up, what put me off was the deprecation after 3 years, £12-13k losswhats worse than a alfa
i know these mpv's dont hold there money, thats why i intend to keep mine a while

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
flash22 said:
the golf plus would of been £25k spec'd up, what put me off was the deprecation after 3 years, £12-13k losswhats worse than a alfa
i know these mpv's dont hold there money, thats why i intend to keep mine a while
Well Flash, there is that about a VW, most of them don't depreciate much...the Golf Plus isn't as sought after as the standard 'low body' model as most people don't even know what one is. I think it's a hateful thing..neither fish nor fowl.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I did test drive the Golf Plus. It was a very uninspired drive as well as looking very bland. By comparison, the Note is streets ahead although possibly not to the same build quality.
Can anyone point me to any instructions for posting a photo?

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
haptic Blue seems to be a popular colour.A word of warning....
The paint scratches easily and be prepared to wash it a lot.
Having owned our since March 1st, I've had to wash it down twice now to get rid of the uncared for look!
Now have our 1st 1000 miles on the clock and we're extremely pleased with our decision to buy it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From what you say I assume you have already got some scratches on your car dandgb? That is very concerning! How did it happen and is there cause to refer the matter back to Nissan?
As regards the need to keep washing it for it to look good, I think that applies to all dark colours. My Volvo was a dark blue and that was the same, so I'm used to that problem.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yup, it got scratched the first day we had it - parked it up and came back to find a scratch on the rear passenger's off-side door. The scratches we are seeing aren't that deep that you can feel them with a finger nail and so far all have been polished out with some SX scratch remover and then the Polyguard applied over the polished area.Seeing as our dealer have failed to follow up a complaint about damage to the interior on delivery, don't think they'll do anything about the paintwork

1 - 13 of 13 Posts