Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The front windscreen washer spray on my '08 Note is not working. The pump motor runs when I pull the stalk, but no water comes out of either jet. The rear spray works fine.Tank is full, and I've checked the jets are clear with a pin. Getting at the feed pipes (and everything else) looks tricky. Anyone come across this before?

Dave

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Not on the Note, but happens to most vehicles.

Check that the pump actually pumps, sometimes they break internally
Check that the pipes haven't come apart and fuid is whooshing out somewhere.
Check the non return valve isnt stuck.
(I assume it isn't frozen, mine freeze the very second that the air temperature drops below about 5 degrees, just another of the Notes little characteristics.)

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
They cannot be cleared with a pin as it destroys the spray pattern. Try a VERY thin piece of wire the inside of a plastic tie wrap from shopping is ideal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both for your replies. Happily I fixed it. The feed pipe through the bulkhead had been pulled (prob by the guys fitting new front springs - no hassle, these things happen) into a loop, and the pipe was then pinched tightly between the bulkhead and plastic panel. Managed to free it by loosening a screw and a couple of clips and levering the panel up carefully with a flat blade screwdriver. Checked for nicks on the pipe, nothing obvious, so all is good.

I was very proud of the string pulley arrangement I rigged round the front headrests so I could pull the washer stalk while head down under the bonnet ha ha!

Many thanks again.

BTW these manuals mentioned elsewhere on the forum are brilliant.

http://nissanenote.ru/teh-dannye.php

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Ah, string pullies.
Reminds me, sad old git, of the 'hand throttle' I had to rig up on my old Morris 1100 when the throttle cable simply snapped.

A duffle-coat toggle and a length of stripped lighting flex running through two spare jubilee clips I had in the boot got me home from Aylesbury to Ealing at two in the morning!

Glad you got it sorted.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Glad you fixed it.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
You don't, if you mean the pattern,they are fixed.
What's the problem?

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Flush them out.
Keep pumping washer fluid through and they should clear. You lose nothing, except washer fluid, by trying.

I say this as they are a 'dealer only' part.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks for this post.
Just had exactly the same problem. Took car back to garage that fitted new springsand explained to them the info. in your post. They checked and exactly the same thing had happened! Apparently the water tubes have to be slotted into some sort of looped recess, if they are not pressed in they get squashed.

I was just about to buy a new pump when I came across your post, so thanks for that!

Cheers Alan

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just had my front shocks done and same screen wash problem appeared. Will be going back to the garage with this info to see if it's the same issue. Great forum! Now going to see if both brake lights going is related too...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts