Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, I'm that idiot. One of my 2 key fobs has gone through the washing machine pretty fatally.

I've cleaned the detergent and gunge off the terminals and circuit board as best I can, steeped it in WD40 and dried thoroughly & while it will start the car by holding the fob to the start button, as per dead battery, it doesn't open the doors from the fob buttons or proximity & the door/hatch buttons.

I've googled and seem.to have exhausted my options and Nissan dealer want £197 for a new fob (not including Key insert) & coded to my car.

2 questions:

A) Have I exhausted every option to self fix it?

B) Are any of the 3rd party fob suppliers worth a look & even if I did get such a fob am I still tied to.going to Nissan themselves to code it?

T I A

·
Registered
54 Posts
Darn Rich,
that's bad luck.
I've heard of people using ''Timpson''s the key copier and programmer to supply new programmed Fobs and keys, might be worthwhile popping down to your local shop and having a word. Also have a look in the search on this website. for something similar.Others on this site might also be able to help.. Let us know how you get on. Good Luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts