Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If faults are reported before end of warranty period, but repairs are innefective, and re-appear outside of warranty...are you still covered?

If dealership is advised of faults before end of warranty period (approx 3 weeks to go) but can't book car in until after that date, does warranty still cover those "reported" faults?

Sorry to ask these questions, but I've lost faith in my dealership and to be honest, I don't believe anything they might tell me now.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
torby said:
If faults are reported before end of warranty period, but repairs are innefective, and re-appear outside of warranty...are you still covered?

You should be, but they can claim that although it sounds like the same knock, it is actually a different one and they correctly fixed the original, so this is a bit thin ice, goodwill and trading standards really.

torby said:
If dealership is advised of faults before end of warranty period (approx 3 weeks to go) but can't book car in until after that date, does warranty still cover those "reported" faults?
Yes, otherwise, the dealers would all be mysteriously "busy" until warranty expired, no matter how long there was to go.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Write to them, detailing the precise effect of the faults.

Send the letter by recorded delivery and mail a copy to yourself.

Any 'difficulties' about 'not reporting the problem within warranty' should then be covered.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts