Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello evening to all..the wife has just got home & says theres a few warning lights up on the dash..im still waiting on a owners manual from the dealer..3 week back order apparantly ahem....any way here they are...............................

1.amber/yellow abs warning
light staying on<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

2.amber/yellow slip indicator
light staying on..

3. Yellow e.s.p warning light
staying on..

I switched car off..locked
it..& waited 10 min to reset ecu etc..started it no lights all
clear...drove up to 20 mph..the 3 lights all came up & staying
on..juddering on the brakes ..clicking noise from behind dash etc..brake/clutch
burning smell ..
I havent touched the esp off switch below the air vent on the r/s
of footwell /dash..had the car 2 weeks no issues..other than when car has sat
overnight it grinds the brakes .but after 5 mins its ok..
The car is a 1.6 n tec 11
reg with 5,000 miles only..ive rang the dealer ..1 hour ago..still waiting for
a answer or reply..not good.any ideas??.just needing to know can the car still
be driven ..any other checks i should be doing at this point..

Post edited to make it readable

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
103 Posts
"Brake/clutch burning smell" ..... "Can the car still be driven?" . I certainly wouldnt.... either your going to have a fry-up, knacker your brakes, or fail completely

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Sounds like an ABS system fault, but

You have warranty

Let the dealer worry about it.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
+1

Plus, DO NOT DRIVE IT - burning smells need to be sorted first.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
that sounds like a abs fault what may be caused by a stuck caliper - hence the burning brakes, get it back to the dealer asap as it should be under warrent (discs and padswont be covered but thay may do them foc if needed)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks again for all the replys..the car was left overnight & started..in the morning..no lights & no sticking wheels,calipers etc..all wheels were free from any stiffness ..i have a mate who works at ats tyres in harlow..he even took all the wheels..front calipers..pads & discs re greased with copperseal where needed....cleaned the abs sensor etc..no issues..the car is ok..now..checking the clutch etc..i wouldent have driven it..trust me..the dealer never rang back earlier that evening either..id have dumped it through their front doors..ive only just bought it as well..i wanted a little troublefree runner for the wife..i was raging..ive had nissan micras,sunnys & bluebirds etc with no issues....i had all these electrical issues with my old c max..too many computers,sensors.ecu,s etc now adays..if it does it again it will be back....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts