Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
Have my nissan note 07 since Feb 2014.
It is driving sluggish then fast and then slow again. One garage said it was the sensor light so they fixed it but the vibration and erraticness was still there. Now the garage is sayingstarting motor and they are fixing that. Anyone else experience this and know what it is? Any advice. Much appreciated. 4

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Well the starter motor won't make it sluggish.
You need to get to a half-decent garage that can plug into the diagnostic port and read any fault codes that are shown.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Nigel
Just got car back.
They said it was a faulty sensor they put in. Let's hope so because another garage said it might be the chain but they don't fix that but gave me a number.
Thanks again.
Cheerio

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
doubt it would be the chain the o2/lambda sensor is the most likely culprit take it to some who knows what there taking about and go for a test drive with them
Not to stereotype but if your female and looklike you know nothing a unscrupulous garage / dealer / chain will tell you anything to get money out of you

·
Registered
6,724 Posts
Stop squandering you money on back street garages. There's a guy who's got problems with his Note, (Please Help)he's taken it too 5 garages since he had a service to find out what's causing his new problem since he had the service. I've asked him a few simple questions, but has not replied. Perhaps he's taken it to a Nissan dealer and got the answer?
JRJ did mention the air conditioning pump. On tick over my A/C pump, type of rattles, it been looked at and Nissan say it's OK. It don't rattle once the revs get past900 RPM. (Ticks over at about 800 RPM). But it don't cause any problems with the engine.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi flash
Thanks your right what they checked for, but after 2 viist and they said the first sensor they did was faulty so changed it or fixed it? ?
Got car back yesterday but only drove it today and same warning light came on and when slowing or going over ramps the vibration there just not as bad (yet).
I let them know but will wait till brother back from hoilday on Monday to sort it.
Any other ideas would be appreciated Flash .
Thank you.
Cheerio

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Sliverhair.
Thanks for your reply.
Will mention the pumpwhen bring car back on Monday.
if all fails on Monday hopefully my brother will get my money back and will get it checked with a nissan guy.
will keep you updated.
Cheerio.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Do not go too far investing money in a Nissan note. It easily mounts up with garages trying to exchange parts that are not the problem. And they expect you to pay for wrong diagnose, hours and parts. You wont be the first loosing money in fading memories and still not fixed. Behaviour can have lots of causes and reading error codes might not give any or proper solutions. Talking from experience. Nissan does not provide any guarantee on their workmanship. Do not spend more then a 1000.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts