Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my diesel n-tec for about six weeks now and am very pleased with it - bags of room, drives nicely and all the 'toys' are great.

But, I'm getting a faint reflection in the mirrors off the circular door-side dash heater vents. Just a dim semi-circle but when taking a glance in the mirrors it initially looks like there's something alongside.

I might try a bit of black insulating tape over them.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Are the mirrors fully out?

It shouldn't be possible to see the heater vents from the drivers seat, the mirrors are too far forwards.

I'm not happy with mine, they won't adjust out far enough, I can see too much of the rear corners when driving. I like to have the rear corner just out of normal sight, so as to minimise the blind spot alongside, then I can move my head slightly to see the rear corner if ever I try to drive backwards.

Edited by: mnl

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I have no problems with mirrors, maybe if you slide you seat back or forwards a notch or two that will cure it
if you look in you mirrors you should be able to see the rear door handles about a 1/3rd of the way up the inside edgeof the mirror tbh you need to just play with you seat and mirrors till you get them right for you iirc you should be comfortable with your hands at 10 and 2 with a slight bend in your arms to allow for good movement to all the controls
If your shortyou may want to lower the seat (handle on the right side of the seat)and move it forward a tad
the n-tec should have an adjustable steering column so you can move that up or down to suit too

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
flash22 said:
if you look in you mirrors you should be able to see the rear door handles about a 1/3rd of the way up the inside edgeof the mirror

Pretty much exactly what I get with the mirrors motored fully outwards.

I know what the back wings look like, I'd like to see some of the motorcycle alongside me

Obviously I do look over my shoulder before sliding sideways, but my other other car is a motorcycle.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
ah its easy on a bike (had to give up due to ill heath)
jack you seat up a tad and slide it back it should give you a better view, im 6'1 and it took a week of playing to get the seat right

what i have also found is if you adjust the back of the seat it changes the seat position just a fraction but it makes a difference

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mnl said:
I'd like to see some of the motorcycle alongside me
That's probably me

Can't rack the seat back any more or my dumpy little legs won't reach the pedals but I do prefer being sat as high as possible - flashback to my old van driving career. So the seat is pretty far forward - the amount of leg-room behind me has been mentioned 'for such a little car'

Must admit though they're set to show me the rear corners as I'm one of those who prefers to reverse park into spaces if possible. I'll try them a bit further out, thanks.

Edited by: DerbyRam

·
Registered
46 Posts
Same for me, I dont need reminding howdirty my car is, prefer to see who's sat on my bumper, looking irrate, used to that with driving an HGV, lol, always look over my right shoulder when pulling out too, I'm a motorcyclist too

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I always do a life-saver when passing/swapping lanes, even in four wheels.

I have been known to stick my knee out too

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
I have seen it!

Got home after a hard days graft at t'mill and just as I opened the door to drag my weary bones back in the house I saw the silver circle reflected, not in the mirror, but in the door glass, right over where the mirror is.

Normally, I would be focussing way into the distance rather than on this reflected image, but tonight is the first time that I have noticed it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah, not just me then, phew. My mistake, as you rightly say it's reflected in the glass, it just happens to be directly in glancing line of sight with the mirrors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
spotted the circle !!!! it was only when passing a street lamp though,a bit of kiwi black boot polish rubbed on it could deminish it

·
Registered
363 Posts
Only had my note a couple of weeks......I noticed the vents straight away.......I've tried to prise my vents off.....& spray em black!!!!! It's comforting find SOMEONE who's got a problem/query like your own. Finding the solutions/suggestions fascinating & helpful. Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
please use the forum search and you will find my vents I sprayed up and also find the How To. on removing the airbag (this is how you remove the vent(s) correctly)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Crikey....I think I'll leave things as they ....it looks like it'll be too big a job for this Northern Numpty....I could get the boot polish out I suppose.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
42 Posts
DerbyRam said:
I always do a life-saver when passing/swapping lanes, even in four wheels.

I have been known to stick my knee out too

Did it hurt when you clobbered the door panel

Nice to see that some people do their life saver & look for bikers, well done chaps keep up the good work.

A fellow biker

·
Registered
109 Posts
I wish I hadn't read this thread, as up till now I hadn't noticed it. Now every time I look in the mirror it is "staring" at me!
lindar

·
Registered
38 Posts
KayJay said:
Nice to see that some people do their life saver & look for bikers, well done chaps keep up the good work.
There are times when I think motorbike riding (at least to a basic, "CBT level with some road experience") should be compulsory before anyone wants to move on to driving anything else.

I passed my driving test about four years before passing my bike test. The bike training was a revelation: I'd obviously got some road experience and maybe 80k miles of car driving under my belt, before going on two wheels, but the bike training absolutely brought it home to me just how blind some drivers are to bikers. "Assume everyone is out to kill you" were my instructor's first words*.

Today? I do lifesavers all the time in a car (or van, to the right - I do online delivery driving for Sainsbury's as a job). Drop back, move left to let bikers past/in. Look many times at junctions.

It doesn't take long, it becomes second nature - and you get the odd wave of thanks from those really risking their necks.

Andy

*Well, ok. Second words. His first words were "Hi, I'm Dave."

1 - 20 of 23 Posts