Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys
Over Christmas someone decided it would be a good idea to snap off the rear roof mounted aerial on my 2008 Note. Does anyone know if it can be replaced with a "Sharks Fin" type thats easy to fit or something that won't suffer the same fate !

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
A sharks fin is not an easy fit, steerclear of the tat on ebay as thay just dont work well,biggest problem is getting the power to the aerial whats usually powered by power up the aerial cable, power is inserted via oem stereo what the nissian steroes dont do
you can get adapters for around £8-10 quid to insert the power

i had a saab 9-5 aerial on my corsa D that took 4 weeks to convert and fit (first person in the uk to fit one on a corsa D )

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Flash, Sounds like a right pain. I might try to get the remaining piece of the aerial that is inside the base out without damaging the thread, Get an aerial from a scrap yard and hope for the best ( That's if the aerial had a male connector on the end) If not I will have to replace the whole thing !

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
or if theres a bit sticking out dremmel a slot and use a flat blade to remove it

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I'm glad they changed the position of the aerial though, early Notes had them at the front. It seems to suit the look of the car betterat the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts