Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Well I looked on the UK Autrader site and the price seems about right for a trade sale given the mileage. As this is a private seller I would push for a good discount even it has got a full service history, hopefully at a dealer.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
so the seller wants 4990 euros (£4060) for a six year old 1.5 Visia...hmmmm that's an awful lot for a basic model regardless of mileage or condition. I would give maybe £3k or less...but then I'm just a dumb animool

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks a nice little car, miles are high though. I'd be looking for a lower mile motor. Described as perfect so must be in fabulous condition. Just think with those miles I bet its on its tenth pair of tyres by now lol. Might be forced to get rid of our Note soon (gutted) my little girl aged 11 months is just about to come out of her infant carrier into a fixed forward facing seat which makes it a tight if not impossible fit in the rear for my other children.
My wife has been looking for the right car and has come to the conclusion that she wants a Freelander td4 HSE automatic, nice but pricey.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I've now asked my local 'garagist' to look it up in his 'little green book'.

It gives a trade 'buy-in' value of £2250, a private sale price of £2900 (in perfect condition with a FSH (dealer)) and a trade sale price of 3700-4100.

Time to strike a hard bargain.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
‚¬4000 might be my highest offer. Cars in Ireland are more expensive, due to the 'illegal' government add on of VRT.(Vehicle Registration Tax). This can be as much as ‚¬4000 on a new Note.

So this is reflected in the used car market. If I was to import this Note from England, I would have to pay around ‚¬900 to ‚¬1000 VRT, depending on mileage etc. Generally around 14% - 18%

This a rip off, but this is Ireland.

Cheers lads.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
But your Diesel is cheaper by 16p/20c a litre.

·
Super Moderator
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nigel B said:
But your Diesel is cheaper by 16p/20c a litre.

Yep, that's another reason to buy a diesel Note.

Still no reply from this seller......he must have gone walkabout.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Nigel B said:
I've now asked my local 'garagist' to look it up in his 'little green book'.

a private sale price of £2900 (in perfect condition with a FSH (dealer)

Time to strike a hard bargain.
The elephant never lies...but I didn't look it up in a trade guide, I use the JUNGLE BOOK

Edited by: SneakyElephant

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
It's a jungle out there; but you already know that!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts