Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,915 Posts
This may sound a bit crazy, but open up the the rear hatch door.......stand or sit on the access and try and bounce it up and down. See if there any noises from the dampers, or any where else. You never know.!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Haven't had a chance to sit in the boot yet, but will try and do that over the weekend.

Nissan did a health check on the car and didn't see anything wrong with neither the suspension nor the wheel bearings. They couldn't check the brake calipers.

There was no squeaking sound when I drove the car there this afternoon. The outside temperature was already 20 degrees by then and I think that's why (noise is usually heard on a cold morning).

It was suggested to me maybe its the drive belt tensioner, if that wasn't changed along with the drive belt itself. Is the tensioner not normally replaced at the same time as the belt???

Also, they said it might be the rubber on the exhaust? Does that sound possible?

I did try to make a sound recording yesterday on my way into work. But the chirping hasn't been picked up well as my phone was at the front of the car.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So didn't get a chance to sit in the boot, but my mobile mechanic (read superstar) managed to not only locate the squeak, but also stop it!!!

Turns out it was something to do with the parcel shelf and the tailgate.

I sat in the back of the car for the first time today whilst dh drove it. No more squeak!

BUT there is now a slight rattling sound coming from the boot area. I think it's from the compartment underneath where the spare tyre is stored. It's not making the sound all the time thank God. Mainly when going over humps.

I still can't believe all this time when I first said the sound was coming from the boot, it wasn't even a mechanical fault lol.

Oh and the dealer confirmed only the auxiliary belt was replaced. Not the tensioner or pulleys. But the belt was adjusted and tightened as needed.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts