Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read recently about used car prices going up but seeing a Note for sale locally has made me realise how barking prices are.

We sold our June 2015 registered Note 1.2 DIG-S Acenta Plus with about 25,000 miles in May 2018 to Evans Halshaw We Buy Any Car and got £7400. Very happy since this was more than we were being offered in PX and only £4600 less than we paid for it 3 years earlier. Despite to usual doom and gloom from the forum regulars of the time that was reasonable depreciation for a new car helped by the fact we got a really good deal when we bought it. Car needed no work but an MOT and service were both due in a month but car had a service plan and an MOT is only about £50 so keeping it would have cost us little. Basically a good valet and its away. Evans Halshaw put it on the sales lot for £7800 and it sold within the week and according to the MOT site it had a full ticket with no advisories.

Spotted a 2016 1.2 Acenta for sale yesterday. That means it not supercharged and a trim spec down on ours. Its also 5 years old whereas ours was only 3 when it went up for sale. They want £8000 for it.

The worlds gone mad.

·
Registered
Note 2009 dci86 owner on a budget
22 Posts
Agreed, but if they arranged finance for that car, theyd have made a wedge on that too, and the 8k car, well main dealers, if it was a main dealer are always going to be pricier than indy,and ask 8k , settle on oh i dunno 7k +finance, but yes 2nd prices are good, the days of getting an old banger for couple hundred quid are gone, but on the plus side i paid £135 2yrs ago for a 99 astra, went straight thru a mot , ran it for 2yrs , spent nowt on it, and got £158 as scrap as you say worlds gone mad, the guy who collected it said the gov are giving scrappers extra money to get the old cars off the road ?

But nothing changes, we all still want a good price when we buy and a good price when we sell, and as long as we perceive its a good price we are happy

·
Registered
995 Posts
I have read recently about used car prices going up but seeing a Note for sale locally has made me realise how barking prices are.

We sold our June 2015 registered Note 1.2 DIG-S Acenta Plus with about 25,000 miles in May 2018 to Evans Halshaw We Buy Any Car and got £7400. Very happy since this was more than we were being offered in PX and only £4600 less than we paid for it 3 years earlier. Despite to usual doom and gloom from the forum regulars of the time that was reasonable depreciation for a new car helped by the fact we got a really good deal when we bought it. Car needed no work but an MOT and service were both due in a month but car had a service plan and an MOT is only about £50 so keeping it would have cost us little. Basically a good valet and its away. Evans Halshaw put it on the sales lot for £7800 and it sold within the week and according to the MOT site it had a full ticket with no advisories.

Spotted a 2016 1.2 Acenta for sale yesterday. That means it not supercharged and a trim spec down on ours. Its also 5 years old whereas ours was only 3 when it went up for sale. They want £8000 for it.

The worlds gone mad.
Same here. I've had mine for just under 3 years, granted I've done low miles, but judging by local forecourt sales I could get back what i paid for it.
With £20 annual road tax, low insurance, 50/60 mpg the Note is an attractive second hand car..particularly with it's interior space. I'll keep mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts