Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I have a nissan note n-tec 2009 plate and It seems that the power to my USB socket isnt working.I thought it may initially be a blow fuse but it doesnt say in the booklet which fuse it might be.

Can anyone help.

Or does anyone have any other suggestions.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
The power comes from the connect unit, should be current limited to USB specification of 500mA max- mine will charge the iphone. Don't think it has a fuse, it shouldn't need one. In theory, the connected device should negotiate its power requirement with the host on connection.

Does a usb stick work with the connect? If it does the USB is connected and working.

Edited by: mnl

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya,

When i put a USB stick in the car its not detected. I have tried plugging my iphone into the socket and it doesnt start charging, which suggested to me that there is no power getting to it.

I will try taking the media unit out and checking the connections as that might be the case.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
There is a lead from the usb socket to the back of the connect that costs about £80.
It may have come loose, or it may even not be there

If you undo the 2 screws inside the centre cubby box, and the two screws that go upwards under the plastic cover at the base of the centre console, the whole thing pulls out, you don't need disconnect anything as it will pull forwards enough to get behind the radio.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
it will be a loose cable but it more than likely the usb/aux port has come loose from its housing meaning when you push something in it pushes it back and doesnt connect properly

1 - 5 of 5 Posts