Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found you have to create a folder First, then put in the Mp3 Songs .
I.E.
1 Right click/New/Folder/ Abba etc
2 Drag the Mp3 Songs into the folder
Mine would not play just songs without being in a folder.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,Still new to this........quick question please !

I have a 2013 Note Tekna with the standard single USB in the top 'glove box' - has anyone here tried or added a 'USB Hub' of say 2,3, or 4 ports so you could have a couple of music USB sticks plugged in for choice and 1 or 2 phones for charging ??
Looking at getting a 'hub' for longer journeys, holidays etc.........wondered if they would work before I buy one !

Thanks !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Back again.....

And......does the Note stereo have a 'Jukebox' facility or hard-drive where you can save albums etc from a USB and keep them on the car - Citroen have this on their C4 Picasso and already have 10 albums plus compilations saved onto it, then can use the USBs in my Note but currently have to keep changing them, not a real problem as much the same as loading a CD cartridge in my old car.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
No it doesn't. Cheap and cheerful I'm afraid. It will support a 64GB (FAT32 formatted) USB though - room for plenty of albums.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
1 device only, the connect doesn't like indexing more than 3000 tracks, the connect also has no function to shut a hard drive down safely at key off - what leads to disc failure - mechanical hdd's don'tlike in car environments due to shock<div abp="1341">
<div abp="1342">rule of thumb 250-500 tracks per 1Gb depending on format and quality

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yet another "quirk" in getting USB sticks to work (if anyone is still struggling).

I purchased a new USB stick with 16GB memory today (to replace my old 500MB stick which was full), and proceeded with the usual steps:
  1. Use computer to Format new USB stick to FAT32 file type
  2. Add some folders and name them (Folder 1, Folder 2... etc)
  3. Paste lots of MP3 music files into each folder
  4. Unplug USB stick from computer
  5. Plug USB stick into USB port in the car
  6. Select "Aux" from screen menu (if not automatically selected)
Only to find that my Nissan Note wouldn't even recognise the USB stick was plugged in! (There was no "USB device detected" message on screen).

So I checked both USB sticks on my laptop via the "format" option to spot any differences. It turns out the old USB (which works fine) had "Allocation unit size" as "4096 bytes", whereas the new USB stick had a much higher value- "8192 bytes"

So reformatted, but this time selecting the lower 4096 bytes option, then proceeded with steps 2 to 6 as above. This time the car instantly recognised it, displayed all the folders, and all the MP3s play fine. Happy days

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes it can. I bought a dual USB which I got for a long journey. It charges my phone and vapour stick at the same time, perfect. I'm not sure why you'd need this for music on a stick? Just take it out/change it overwhen you are not using it? It does work for charging though.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi peepsi can only reformate my usb stick to either
exFAT or NTFS
It is a 64 gig usb, but ive not got that much music to fill it up, will that make a diffrence?
Also if my music is on my pc what format do i have to put it on the usb as ive read its mp3 or FLACK i think it was?
thank you any help will be a big help as new to all this

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
FAT32 only to get the Connect too read it which is where your problem lies as FAT32 will only natively support up to 32GB

You can format to FAT32 but it's a PITA (Google it).

As to file type, stick to MP3 as FLAC can be 'hit or miss'.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
For somebody who uses the USB in their carto charge their vapour stick, and wonders why people put music on their memory stick to listen to in the car
You've had too many vapours, it's damaging your thought process
.Getting back to a 64Gb stick, I have Connect 1 and I fully loaded it with music, with about 5 Mb left,the connect didn't want to play ball, but once I knocked off a couple of albums it worked fine

·
Registered
6 Posts
Today my USB port starting playing up. It isn't being recognised so I can't play music from a stick. Worked perfectly fine until now. Haven't touched the thing. Read through this thread, reformatted the stick to exFAT and the usb port said it didn't recognise the file format [but at least it recognised I had installed a stick]. Reformatted to FAT32 at Allocation unit size of 4096 but still no sign of it when I press the AUX button. I have a Nissan Note 2011 and am using a Kingston 4GB stick.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Today my USB port starting playing up. It isn't being recognised so I can't play music from a stick. Worked perfectly fine until now. Haven't touched the thing. Read through this thread, reformatted the stick to exFAT and the usb port said it didn't recognise the file format [but at least it recognised I had installed a stick]. Reformatted to FAT32 at Allocation unit size of 4096 but still no sign of it when I press the AUX button. I have a Nissan Note 2011 and am using a Kingston 4GB stick.
Edit: changed to a different USB stick and followed the advice from West Country Yokel above and it worked. Still doesn't explain why it went pearshaped all of a sudden.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts