Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Just reading your information again. Where your computer has put them under artist. If you follow my instructions and get back so the "FOLDER UP" box is at the top of the screen, you will see the list of artists below. Now there is a way to stop getting artist folders, is by putting the title of the tune first, but that would be a bloody long job.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yes! Pressed the folder up again and got all the artists. Because I've copied across songs from playlists rather than albums, some only have one song in and so that will be a pain as I wont be able to randomise whatever is on the stick. I guess I'll have to copy across the entire albums then to make it useable?

From your 2nd message there, it seems that there is a solution.........just a very very very time consuming one :)

Thanks again.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm still having problems......mainly because I don't know what I'm doing!!!!! (happens VERY often!!) I can get all the music off the PC except the iTunes...they just appear as an empty folder on the info in the car...the key being that there is no music note when I open them....they play on the PC though...I've just spent a fruitless hour or so trying to put the 'missing' songs on a micro card....to play via my MP3...they show on contents but don't play......a little knowledge etc......

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
I'm not sure about iTunes playing on your connect, because I only play MP3's.But lets think about this, if you first make a folder on your computer then download your tunes into that folder, then put that on your stick, that will stop the computer putting your tunes into multi folders.
Another way for a quick fix is to rename your tracks by 01,02, 03, 04.
If you have a 16G memory stick, just download the whole CD and then you will be able to use random play. Let me know the outcome

silverhairs

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
What kind of music do you like? I don't do modern stuff, but I've loads of 60's, & 70'smusic all in MP3.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks silverhairs - I've just transferred a whole pile of albums across to the stick so I can play those now and it's working great. I might experiment with creating some different folders etc on the PC and copying them across to see if I can actually do some playlists........but that can wait for another day.

I tried doing some of the itunes stuff but although it seems to copy and I can see the songs, there is no sound for some reason - I copied them across as M3U files as i didn't have an MP3 option, there were a couple of other choices if I remember correctly so might give those a go.

As for music choices - i have an eclectic mix of stuff from modern to folk to older stuff - about the only thing I don't like is really Jazzy Jazz and Rock.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Why don't you burn your tunes onto a disc, that way it won't put your tunes into folders, a CD can hold about 4.7G, with MP3's that would be about 9 hours play

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
If you contact me through the forum with your address, I will burn you a disc with a mix of 60's music on, but it will be pot luck what you get.As I said in an earlier reply, I'm going away for a couple days starting tomorrow, but I will burn you a disc ASAP

Silverhairs

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
silverhairs said:
Why don't you burn your tunes onto a disc, that way it won't put your tunes into folders, a CD can hold about 4.7G, with MP3's that would be about 9 hours play
A CD only holds around 700MB, it's a DVD that holds 4.7GB.

Phil, Try Audacity to convert your iTunes tracks. It's free, just Google it.

If you read the manual carefully you can rename and do just about anything with an MP3 file.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks silverhairs - we already burn CDs - I was just trying to eliminate carrying any about in the car - I'm going for a minimalist look in this car

·
Registered
363 Posts
Phil T said:
I'm still having problems......mainly because I don't know what I'm doing!!!!! (happens VERY often!!) I can get all the music off the PC except the iTunes...they just appear as an empty folder on the info in the car...the key being that there is no music note when I open them....they play on the PC though...I've just spent a fruitless hour or so trying to put the 'missing' songs on a micro card....to play via my MP3...they show on contents but don't play......a little knowledge etc......
Yippee......finally cracked it........I created a mp3 version of all the iTunes that wouldn't play & syncd them on to the stick...just tried them.....bingo.......at last!!!!!! All I've got to do now is get rid od the rattle in the dash!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Rattle in the dash, not accompanied by a hum is it? If so, stop playing U2!!

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
ah you worked it out
tip. go into your iTunes settings, Edit - Pref's - General---- click on import setings and set it to MP3 encoder

that way every time you import anything it saves as MP3

I now use tunebite that converts most audio and a video, it hasDMR removal whats handy if you have files locked to a device - Apple and audible do this and its apita

·
Registered
20 Posts
My wife has a 14 plate Micra and she can browse folders and play what she wants. However my 63 plate Note won't play this same USB stick. What I need to do is drag all the mp3 files onto the USB stick and not within a folder structure, such as Artist/Album/Track. My Note doesn't have the same Nissan Connect system as our Micra and there seems no way to navigate a folder structure.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
iirc the standard radio can only read the root directory, the connect can go down as far16 directory's but its not very pratical on the move (unless you have the mix (shuffle) on )

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
sales know nothing, they just push paper tbh and try and screw every penny they can, rarely you get a tech that knows or cares about the cars they work on, parts gremlins are no better then sales
I told the sales guy at the dealership that the connect streamed audio via Bluetooth the day I picked mine up - something he didn't know - nothing like knowing your own product

·
Registered
10 Posts
Personally I thnk a cheap ipod is the way forward, I have playlists etc and love being able to control it from the steering wheel. If you do go for it make sure thr ipod is compatible, the manual lists which ones are.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts