Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Sorry to learn that you are under the weather again flash. Hope you feel better soon mate.

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Down loaded MP3's onto my new 32gig memory stick with only a few Mb's free. Plugged it in the USB.Took a few seconds to load, but then worked fine. I can get about 10 days music if I play it for 24 hours a day. Cannot remember the last time I used the radio.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Help....anyone any idea why some tracks will play & some won't? I get the info up but no musical note symbol, just tried it on laptop & they're all there & play......what have I done wrong this time!!!!

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
could be file format sensitive, I have no problems with Mp3 files.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
do you use iTunes as library ??anything downloaded or rippedit likes to use .m4a unless you go in and set it up for mp3 (192kbs)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Thanks guys, I'll do my best to look in to that....I'm still learning about this stuff.......& I'm a slowwwww learner!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
New Note owner here so just wanted to check before I do something stupid or waste money on the wrong thing.

My OH has an ipod classic, i plugged it into my usb in the Note and it even comes up with the track list and playlists on the touch screen. He was mighty jealous as on his car he can only play back via a 3mm cable plugged into his system and still has to control it from the ipod (apart from volume). Although 6 months ago he was ignorant to the whole thing until i bought the ipod and set it up for him!

Anyhoo, I have no ipod

When I bought the ipod I tookall the tracks held on Windows Media and converted them and stored them on iTunes. he has since added more stuff directly onto iTunes.

Soooo, what am I better doing, investing ina decent capacity USB stick and taking tracks from the old Windows Media Player (which doesn't contain everything) assuming that he hasn't now gone in and deleted it all, or picking up a cheap 2nd hand iPod?

I'm presuming that with a USB stick, it will just play in the order they are saved and I can only skip up and down - like an ipod shuffle? Whereas with the iPod (would it have to be a classic?) i can control playlists etc from the touch screen?

Or, something else totally?

tbh, I am not in the car for very long every day so don't need hours and hours worth and if we were using it for a longer journey, OH would be with us and would plug in his iPod. It would just free me up from carrying about CDs.

Sorry to the OP for hijacking their thread btw.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Stick them on memory sticks - sorry for the tautology there.
Cheap enough to have to have memory stick 'libraries'. I have three in my Note and can't remember the last time I plugged in my MP3 player or a CD.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm still struggling with getting my iTunes to play on my sick, they play on the PC ok & I know they're notMP3 as the ones that do playare but I tried 'converting' thembut they just came up as a document....pity cuz the audio system is great & I love the way you can pick or mix music. Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
No worries.
If you can get hold of a copy of 'Soundforge' (used to come free with most Sony audio recorders) it's even better as the interface is clear and uncluttered.

If I can find my old CD I'll drop you a PM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You can use AppGeeker converter. It just converts to a lot of format.

I haven't had any issues with it for conversion I've done.

Edited by: flash22

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hmmm - new 16gb memory stick arrived today. First of all I tried chucking on a few playlists from Media Player (rather than Itunes) across and all saved fine but car only picked up one song. I checked the stick in the PC and the files are all MP3 but it's popped them all into folders by artist. Tried copying the songs across rather than playlists - but it's still put them all in folders by artist and the car only picks up the first song by the first artist.

Is there something obvious that I am doing wrong here? Help!!!

·
Registered
6,725 Posts
Do you have a sat nav in your car? I ask this because if you have I will try and explain how to get theother tunes.You connect your memory stick and give it time to load, then press the "AUX" button, it should start playing a tune from your stick,if you look at the screen it should have the title of the tune or just a number, depending what information you have on the stick. If you then press the screen on the right hand sidewhere you have the up & down arrows press the up arrow till you get the "folder up" box. From there you will be able to see all the albums you have listed on the screen. (on my 16G stick I must have about 50 albums all in MP3) you then use the down arrow to pick what album you want by pressing on the screen, then you press once again on the first tune on that album.
I'm going away for a few days tomorrow, so if you are still having trouble, contact me, I'll give you my address and you can send me your memory stick and I will try it out on mynote. I really think you are missing a step out when trying to play from your stick. Hope this is of help for you?

·
Registered
24 Posts
thanks silverhairs, I will try that - i did see the folder up and touched that but it didn't seem to do anything - maybe I just wasn't patient enough! :)

21 - 40 of 72 Posts