Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my usb memory stick out of the car to refresh the music selection. It now won't work in the car. Works fine on the computer. I'm using synced music files converted to mp3. Should I have done something else or have some other file added to the memory card? I'm getting very frustrated with it.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Does another USB stick work in the car?

It should be 'plug and play' although I have had some 'weird' results with file naming etc.

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
make sure the stick is actually going into the port in the car as if you knock it or push the usb stick in too hard the port can unclip its self from the housing its can be pushed out just by putting the stick in upside down

been there, done that, got the dvd and Blu-ray box set

simple fix remove the stereo (guide in the How to section) and push the port back together

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
format the stick (fat 32) and make sure the items are no more that 4 folders deep (artists/albums folder - albums/disc folder - tracks)

anything over 32gb the connect has issues processing due to the file structureEdited by: flash22

·
Registered
50 Posts
Excuse me butting in ... but am I understanding this correctly??

If i plug a memory stick into the USB port on the dashboard it will play music stored there??? (Though the radio after pressing the Aux button presumably)

I haven't tried my iPod in there yet but a memory stick would be easier to carry round with a selection of music on

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Yep, exactly how it works. I have a 16GB 'stick' with over 100 MP3 and WMA encoded albums on it and routinely change my music choice - it's great.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Woweee ..... I've got to get myself amemory stick then!!!!!!! Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
if you have the connect or the later radio with usb, Yes !!!!

as soon as you plug in a usb stick it automatically finds it and switches to aux

if not press the aux button twice to switch to usb

the iphone 3/4/5 and ipod touch 1st to 4th gen work with the connect

I use my 3rd gen ipod touch (64 gb what has 20 odd days of music on it)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Put my flash drive in the port today and it worked!!!! One happy bunny ... specially as I think???????? I'm getting all Abba's hits on CDs for Christmas

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
I listen to stuff from the usb stick 90% of the time, I have forgotten the last time I used a cd

·
Registered
138 Posts
My 2010 1.5 dci doesn't have a USB input, only the 3.5 Jack...is there an adaptor available so that the socket can be used with a USB stick ? Would make life a bit easier if there is....

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
in a word no, the cost of adding usb is nearly as much as a aftermarket stereo

·
Registered
363 Posts
David Garside said:
My 2010 1.5 dci doesn't have a USB input, only the 3.5 Jack...is there an adaptor available so that the socket can be used with a USB stick ? Would make life a bit easier if there is....
Strange that...I've got the n-tec (same year as yours) & It has the usb port ....but can't get it to work at the mo...that's why I'm on here!!!!! going to have another fiddle after looking at threads....

·
Registered
363 Posts
I'm amazed...yet again.....how this forum comes up with a solution so often.....Put everything on a stick....plugged it in & bingo...haven't worked out how to trawl through the tracks yet but it's great to have all the info up...Not sure how many times I've said 'thanks guys' since I joined the Forum but.....Thanks Guys......

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Some of late 2009 onwards cars had usb on the standard head unit, but it's hit and miss if it been turned on in the firmwear

When I'm not so ill I will look into it a bit more

1 - 20 of 72 Posts