Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Nissan Note Tekna 1.5 dCi
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an E11 Tekna DCI Note (59 plate) that has an Aux In and USB socket in the small compartment on top of the dash board. Initially neither worked, but after removing the head unit I found that this was because the cable was not plugged into the head unit. I have now rectified this and the head unit recognises my iPhone (an SE6 model) and will play music from it, but I do not seem to be able to get it to work with a USB memory stick. Does anyone have any advice, possibly the format, size, etc? I have tried 32GB and 128GB ones, both formatted as FAT32, but the head unit does not recognise either.

Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Have a read of this forum post, it may help.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much for the link. Reading through it, it looks like it might be due to them being USB 3.0. I will have to see if I can find/purchase one which is USB 2.0 or see if it is possible to make a 3.0 one appear as 2.0.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you to Sineu for pointing me in the right direction.

My problem with the head unit, a Connect 1, not reading a usb memory stick was resolved by using a usb 2.0 drive rather than a 3.0 one (it may be due to 3.0 requiring a greater bus current, 900 mA, in contrast to the 2.0 requiring 500 mA). I used an Integral usb 2.0 64 GB stick, but formatted to FAT32, rather than exFAT, successfully.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts