Nissan Note Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Bought a used Note last weekend, love it!

However since buying it I've struggled to get the USB stick to play correctly.

Originally had a 64gb stick that was formatted to fat32, mp3's chucked on, less than 4 folders deep. It was a no go. Nothing happens when I plug in the stick.

So I tried 2 different sticks exactly the same mp3s and format etc. Both worked perfectly.

So I decided to buy a larger version of one of them - a sandisk cruzer blade 32gb USB 2.0. Chucked a few known working mp3s on but again nothing happens when I plug in the Drive.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Neil

·
Premium Member
7,177 Posts
Make sure there in mp3 format and not m4a, people have had issues with sandisk usb sticks from ebay and other online retailers (usb 3 ones especially)<div abp="1092">
<div abp="1093">try another stick, remember the connect is a very old design now its best to use nothing larger than 16gb
<div abp="1093">
<div abp="1093">just a thought, does the dive plug in firmly into the slot, as the ports just clip together in the housing and can come apart

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spent hours converting all my music from m4a to mp3 so they definitely all are, and the stick is exactly the same as another stick that works only its a bigger storage.

All i can think is that my stereo wont recognise anything over 16gb. Is there a firmware update for it that could help? How would i find that out?

Thanks for your reply

·
Registered
1 Posts
I formatted a USB memory stick to FAT32, on a NON-Windows operating system. Everything looked fine on the PC, but Nissan Note did not see any audio files.
It seems Note requires a partition table and will not touch "floppy style" sticks
without partitioning.

Just in case someone else hits this snag and google brings them here...
Use fdisk before newfs_msdos, or whatever such commands your O/S provides.

·
Registered
2012 ntec+ 1.6 auto in black
1 Posts
An old thread but if anyone else is having issues with getting the connect 1 head unit to identify a USB stick here is what worked for me...
Got the note back in December 2020 for swmbo and was listening to the radio and the odd CD but could not get an existing USB stick which worked fine in a Ford of similar vintage to be recognised, got frustrated so gave up.
Decided to check through this forum for a fix and realised the USB I was using was USB 3.0 protocol (specifically a Toshiba 32gb) and assumed backwards compatible. So in desperation I dug up an old sandisk cruzer 32gb USB 2.0, formated to FAT32 and transfered all the mp3's from the Toshiba directly to the sandisk and now all is good;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts