Nissan Note Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BAD VIBRATIONS....NISSAN NOTE 1.5 DCI SVI 07 Plate.

For a while now I have had a very slight vibration that I can feel through the steering wheel and through theacceleratorpedal at a speed of 70 - 75 MPH.

At first I assumed that this was a problem with the wheels, balancing, tracking, and bearings...over the last month these have all been checked and are all in order.

Then, by error rather than judgement, I had the vibration present itself at a slow speed of around 20 mph when Iaccidentlymissed a gear and revved the engine to 2750 RPM. I am not a boy racer, so rarely get to that except when on the motorway....

So I have tried it whilst stationary. Between 2750 and 3000 RPM the vibration is present. Don't get me wrong it is not a horrific vibration, more like a buzzing sensation, but as it seems to appear at 70mph and I do a lot of motorway driving I notice it a lot......Accelerate to 80mph and the issue disappears......but I don't think the boys in blue would accept that as a good excuse.

Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
Engine/gearbox mount?

Had the same problem on my old car (Seat Alhambra) with a 'bad vibe' between 2500-3000 revs; above that it cleared itself. Turned out to be the rear gearbox stabiliser bush.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts